Sponsored

Southeast fuel shortage...

Crawldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr wrangler rubicon, '18 Ram3500
Or, conversely, when a company whose primary owners bet too heavily on one side of the political aisle ahead of an election, lose, and get shut out of a $4tn infrastructure plan...wait for it...national security problems with their only asset arise.
Jeep Wrangler JL Southeast fuel shortage... 1620920659551

so the executive orders attacked 60% of the electrical grid power sources lol
brilliant thinkers in action.

tbh i'm mostly a fan of nuclear. hydro is my #2

wind farms chop up bird flocks.
solar farms kill wildlife/plant life destroy habitats by blocking the sun
(i think solar is ok on existing roofs)
fossil creates pollution.
https://www.cfact.org/2020/10/23/wind-turbines-take-a-terrible-toll-on-birds/
https://www.heartland.org/news-opinion/news/mojave-solar-project-killing-threatened-desert-tortoises
Sponsored

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
News broke that Colonial paid $5mn in ransom. That is sure to incentivize similar attacks.
pathetic. . . yah this won't ever happen again now. . .

Crawldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr wrangler rubicon, '18 Ram3500
Don't forget that the noise from wind farms cause cancer, too, some people are saying.
no. but they do kill birds. they are extremely bad for "raptors" i.e. eagles, hawks, falcons etc. they glide right into them and **CRUNCH**

but at least we didn't burn any fuel!

Sponsored

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
1620920659551.png

so the executive orders attacked 60% of the electrical grid power sources lol
brilliant thinkers in action.

tbh i'm mostly a fan of nuclear. hydro is my #2

wind farms chop up bird flocks.
solar farms kill wildlife/plant life destroy habitats by blocking the sun
(i think solar is ok on existing roofs)
fossil creates pollution.
https://www.cfact.org/2020/10/23/wind-turbines-take-a-terrible-toll-on-birds/
https://www.heartland.org/news-opinion/news/mojave-solar-project-killing-threatened-desert-tortoises
Dont forget when wind turbines are done after 10 years, they get burried. Thats a lot of fiber glass in the ground. Not to mention the concrete base in the ground. Not as green as they say.

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee, 2021 Sahara Altitude
My town in Georgia was running out this morning. Already empty stations, lines, and some with premium only.
Has the price per gallon gone up as the supply began dwindling? Or did it stay the same?

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
Here in south florida it would be justified if port everglades shut down and we couldn’t get fuel…. but the lines are insane and we’re having shortages cause of panic buying.

Sponsored

kmmn

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary EcoDiesel, 2013 JK Sport & 2014 JK Sport
Has the price per gallon gone up as the supply began dwindling? Or did it stay the same?
It has in Maryland (Diesel, too), but there was a lot of panic buying, at least yesterday (no lines near me, but somebody at every pump... open pumps today)

SirMagnus89

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport 2 Door, Mojito!
This really highlights the advantages of EVs; you can generate electricity at home, wind,solar, hydro, but you CANNOT refine gasoline at home. And of course, you have to drive to a gas station, which has challenges as well.
Picture this. The power grid goes down in the summer time with high heat because everyone cranks the AC. Now. Imagine how bad it will be with everyone charging a vehicle every night.......

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Picture this. The power grid goes down in the summer time with high heat because everyone cranks the AC. Now. Imagine how bad it will be with everyone charging a vehicle every night.......
Or you live in TX, where monthly electric bills hit $17,000 in February for some homeowners.

But in electricity's defense, it is domestically produced, it does support American jobs and it contributes to keeping US international trade accounts balanced. Whereas with oil, despite huge progress in domestic production, the US still has to import a sh**ton of crude and refined products, which keeps it dependent upon foreign suppliers (and essentially outsources American jobs) of which many do not have US interests at heart, and in the process contributes to international trade imbalances that weaken the buying power of a USD.