First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Solar and wind power is good for home. Will not work for business. You can have all the wind and solar you want but it will not run business. Wind and solar will not give you 3 phase which is even required to run a lathe. The green new deal is a bust for business. It’s called amps. You have to have enough amps to run even large air conditioners at hospitals, gas stations, poo poo plants, water plants etc. 🤣
Sponsored

OP
OP
FinnCustomKnives

FinnCustomKnives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel
Solar and wind power is good for home. Will not work for business. You can have all the wind and solar you want but it will not run business. Wind and solar will not give you 3 phase which is even required to run a lathe. The green new deal is a bust for business. It’s called amps. You have to have enough amps to run even large air conditioners at hospitals, gas stations, poo poo plants, water plants etc. 🤣
Yeah but us home shop owners(2 phase plebs) have been getting around this for a long time now with VFD's. All my grinders and mills are 3 phase but with VFD's they work perfectly. Actually even better because of all the benefits a VFD delivers like speed and direction control, dc braking, etc.

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
Only solution is to just head to the beach today.

Hopefully you're in a diesel. Or you've converted your Rubi to run on coal (you are from PA and I hear they have a lot of it there). Or maybe a cargo hold full of old lead-acid batteries you picked up from your contact at the back door of Autozone (my guy is real cheap, but flakey).
Lol ya I’m right in coal country. Both my grandfathers worked in the mines when they came from Italy. We used to be the center of the country with our trains. Great heritage and pride here.

ya today I spent 160 filling my jeep and Tahoe. Wasn’t a cheap day. Our prices are just up right now. Hopefully this gets better soon.

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2.0 Sport S Granite
Main reason why there was a shortage was the average consumer made a run on the stations before there was any impact from the ransomware attack. Heard of people lining up by the hoards to fill their tanks in fear there would be no gas or prices would skyrocket...but in doing so they created the situation they were trying to avoid....

The only time I've encountered justifiable runs on the gas stations was Fall 2019 in NorCal during the fires that forced the electrical grid to shut down. Couldn't find a town that had power for over 100mi, only managed to fill up near SF. Luckily I carried a 2G Roto with me and was pretty safe to keep going until I found a spot.

Sponsored

ErAcEr

First Name
Matthew (Mateo)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 ZH2 , 2018 Z900, 2013 Vulcan 1700
Occupation
Engineer/Technician
Main reason why there was a shortage was the average consumer made a run on the stations before there was any impact from the ransomware attack. Heard of people lining up by the hoards to fill their tanks in fear there would be no gas or prices would skyrocket...but in doing so they created the situation they were trying to avoid....
Amazing how that works...

The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices—to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy. A thoughtless, frightened search for a scape-goat has a fallout all its own for the children . . . and the children yet unborn, and the pity of it is . . . that these things cannot be confined to . . . The Twilight Zone!

OP
OP
FinnCustomKnives

FinnCustomKnives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel

The only time I've encountered justifiable runs on the gas stations was Fall 2019 in NorCal during the fires that forced the electrical grid to shut down. Couldn't find a town that had power for over 100mi, only managed to fill up near SF. Luckily I carried a 2G Roto with me and was pretty safe to keep going until I found a spot.
Reminded me since you mentioned the spare fuel container, just ordered a yellow 20L Wavian jerry can and a flex spout the other day.

Jeep Wrangler JL Southeast fuel shortage... wavien-jerry-can-5-gallon-yellow-with-od-flex-spout

Sponsored

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
The funny thing is the regular news has been warning about gas shortages for a few weeks now. Plan for this to make it’s way across the country this summer.
News broke that Colonial paid $5mn in ransom. That is sure to incentivize similar attacks.

Last edited:

Crawldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr wrangler rubicon, '18 Ram3500
The funny thing is the regular news has been warning about gas shortages for a few weeks now. Plan for this to make it’s way across the country this summer.
funny how they go after drilling, fracking, and pipelines with executive orders, then gas starts getting scarce. who would have guessed?

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
funny how they go after drilling, fracking, and pipelines with executive orders, then gas starts getting scarce. who would have guessed?
Or, conversely, when a company whose primary owners bet too heavily on one side of the political aisle ahead of an election, lose, and get shut out of a $4tn infrastructure plan...wait for it...national security problems with their only asset arise.