Sponsored

Sourcing the channel and retainer system on the JL Soft top Windows?

Slombardi20

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Looking for suggestion on sourcing the channel and retainer system used on the JL Soft top Windows. Trying to source for both the rear Window and the Side. Windows. Need help / pointed in the right direction as how to locate this part. Suggestion welcome.

Jeep Wrangler JL Sourcing the channel and retainer system on the JL Soft top Windows? 1602026673031

Jeep Wrangler JL Sourcing the channel and retainer system on the JL Soft top Windows? 1602026681906
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Looking for suggestion on sourcing the channel and retainer system used on the JL Soft top Windows. Trying to source for both the rear Window and the Side. Windows. Need help / pointed in the right direction as how to locate this part. Suggestion welcome.
Hey Sean:

Normally I'd steer you away from contacting Bestop for parts for the OEM soft top as despite the fact that they make it for FCA, it is FCA's product and FCA's replacement parts: a stance Bestop will politely and likely inform you of should you contact them; not because they're being difficult, but because their likely adhering to contractual obligations with FCA on this matter.

BUT...that said, it seems that the "C" channel hardware you seek is ALSO used by Bestop in the soft top products they exclusively sell and service. That suggests that they can help you secure/source this product.

So, that said, why not give them a call? Good luck. :)

P.S. If I misread the attachment hardware you seek, mistaking it for that which interfaces with the tub, rather than "C" channel, I'd still say that what I say above applies.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Slombardi20

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
@Slombardi20 I'm not %100 on what you're looking for. Are you looking for the plastic strip on the bottom of the soft top window that engages with the Jeep's tub?

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Lee - thank you for reaching out on this I am looking for the Top part of the window that replaced the zippers on the JL Model. The part that connects the Windows to the actual soft top. It seems to be more of a C channel and retailer rail system>

Sponsored

OP
OP

Slombardi20

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Lee - thank you for reaching out on this I am looking for the Top part of the window that replaced the zippers on the JL Model. The part that connects the Windows to the actual soft top. It seems to be more of a C channel and retailer rail system>
Jeep Wrangler JL Sourcing the channel and retainer system on the JL Soft top Windows? 1602026597928

Jeep Wrangler JL Sourcing the channel and retainer system on the JL Soft top Windows? 1602026608956

OP
OP

Slombardi20

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
@NUKEJK - I have not had success in finding out what this part is called nor where to find it. If you happen to find it please share

Sponsored

SlimerJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Sport S

VWillys

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Wrangler Willys - Bright White
Just wanted to report back that the channel I ordered worked great!

I already had this shelf in my garage so I added these hooks I had laying around to hold my side windows and this channel to hold the rear window:

img_2899-jpg.jpg

img_2901-jpg.jpg

img_2902-jpg.jpg

img_2903-jpg.jpg

img_2905-jpg.jpg

Ready to go:

img_2907-jpg.jpg

mygreenkaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Just wanted to report back that the channel I ordered worked great!

I already had this shelf in my garage so I added these hooks I had laying around to hold my side windows and this channel to hold the rear window:

Jeep Wrangler JL Sourcing the channel and retainer system on the JL Soft top Windows? img_2907-

Jeep Wrangler JL Sourcing the channel and retainer system on the JL Soft top Windows? img_2907-

Ready to go:

Very nice - I'll be copying most of this setup for the soft windows!
Sponsored