Sponsored

Soundbar speaker upgrade (my eyes are bleeding)

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
And still on backorder....
Sponsored

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
Which one would you say made the biggest difference in your opinion? The dash or soundbar? I also have the Alpine system and barely notice the sound from the soundbar unless I balance the sound more to the rear. Not sure if this is the output from them or the design of system.

OP
OP
Tankeryankeraa

Tankeryankeraa

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Fuel Tanker Tanker
Which one would you say made the biggest difference in your opinion? The dash or soundbar? I also have the Alpine system and barely notice the sound from the soundbar unless I balance the sound more to the rear. Not sure if this is the output from them or the design of system.
Definitely start with the dash

OP
OP
Tankeryankeraa

Tankeryankeraa

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Fuel Tanker Tanker

Sponsored

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the infinity's in the dash. It brightened up the front end considerably but IMO the Alpine's had a bigger impact on the sound.

OP
OP
Tankeryankeraa

Tankeryankeraa

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Fuel Tanker Tanker
I have the infinity's in the dash. It brightened up the front end considerably but IMO the Alpine's had a bigger impact on the sound.
Do have the Alpine tweeters pointed to the front as well.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
It’s incredible that you got 6.5 inch components to work with the factory alpine amplifier considering the alpine amp is like 30-45 watts per channel (552 watts total for 12 channels; 8 individual speakers and the sub which uses 4 channels) and there was a lot of talk on these forums about the alpine amp cutting off channels that didn’t perfectly conform to stock speaker specifications, especially in regards to impedance, and how some speakers on the factory alpine system are 2ohms and some speakers are 4ohms and numerous other issues like that. You’re super lucky! Did you wire the stock 4.5 to the new 6.5 and the stock 3.5 to the tweeter, or did you use one set of wires to power both the 6.5 and the tweeter, or did you combine both sets of wires in parallel and then power both 6.5 and tweeter with the combined wires? I’m very curious!

OP
OP
Tankeryankeraa

Tankeryankeraa

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Fuel Tanker Tanker
It’s incredible that you got 6.5 inch components to work with the factory alpine amplifier considering the alpine amp is like 30-45 watts per channel (552 watts total for 12 channels; 8 individual speakers and the sub which uses 4 channels) and there was a lot of talk on these forums about the alpine amp cutting off channels that didn’t perfectly conform to stock speaker specifications, especially in regards to impedance, and how some speakers on the factory alpine system are 2ohms and some speakers are 4ohms and numerous other issues like that. You’re super lucky! Did you wire the stock 4.5 to the new 6.5 and the stock 3.5 to the tweeter, or did you use one set of wires to power both the 6.5 and the tweeter, or did you combine both sets of wires in parallel and then power both 6.5 and tweeter with the combined wires? I’m very curious!
Wired 4.5 wire to sub and 3.5 to tweeter

Sponsored

Sanchese

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Rubicon, 2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon on Order
I also have the 8.4 screen with alpineupgraded audio.
My question is can i use the alpine SPV-65-JLT ?

OP
OP
Tankeryankeraa

Tankeryankeraa

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Fuel Tanker Tanker
I can't say for sure but I thought I read that they weren't for the 8.4 alpine.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can't because of the amp. Besides with the JLJT pods and the S-S65C you don't need to cut up the bar and it cost's half the price.

Jkjones1

First Name
JOSH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
So I have the Terra acoustics as well in the front and agree, they do liven the sound up. Am interested in how much volume and quality you guys picked up by upgrading the bar to the JL/JT pods and alpine. This seems like a great option as I have been struggling with what to do to get a bit more out of the system. Any other soundbar speakers you considered?

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I first tried a set of Infinity REF6530cx components. I wasn't jazzed at the sound quality, but it did cut the mids out compared to the factory sound bar. Then the amp decided that it wasn't happy with the impedence and shut the whole soundbar off. I reinstalled the oem speakers just to make sure it still worked and then got a set of the Alpines. I have been running them for a week with no issues. Running the 8.4 EQ flat and very happy with the sound quality on Apple Music. Also swapped in a set of REF3032cfx speakers in the dash and They are better than stock. The TerraAcoustics are on BO and as soon as I can get a set, I am going to try them out.
Sponsored