Sponsored

Soundbar speaker upgrade (my eyes are bleeding)

OP
OP
Tankeryankeraa

Tankeryankeraa

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Fuel Tanker Tanker

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
Thanks. So my pods and speakers just came in.. before I even open up the sound bar I want to make sure I have everything together. What are the "modifications" that need to be done to the tweeters ? And what is crossover line that isn't used ?

OP
OP
Tankeryankeraa

Tankeryankeraa

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Fuel Tanker Tanker
As far as modifications for the tweeters all I had to do was drill the holes in the pods and attach the tweeters. The crossover/ filter that the speakers came with isn't needed, I connected the tweeter to the tweeter wire coming from the jeep and mid bass wire to the one coming from the jeep. If you got Metra wire adapters you may just want to make sure that the negative and positive are correct mine has to be reversed. I also stuffed a little sound deadener material in there like the pillow stuffing material. I have a dentist appointment today and maybe unavailable if you post again.

Sponsored

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
Thanks to this thread the install went clean. A few notes... As previously mentioned the wires for the tweeter connections were reversed, so I was careful to check that. There's also a coil on the speakers that doesn't quite fit right no matter how I rotated the speakers, I'm pretty sure post installation it's been pulled from the mounting tape on the speaker and is "unmounted" but still connected. I picked up 8- 8x1" and 8- 8x1/2" machine screws to mount the speakers and grills from ace, the hardware with the speakers and pods was a bit long. Full install took about an hour. I pretapped the screws for the speakers after dry fitting them in the mounted pods then pulling the pods down. It seemed easier to get them fitted correctly this way.

The sound is way better altho the tweeters are a little tinny, I'll see if I can pull a little out with the equalizer. Nice bass and punch with these speakers.

OP
OP
Tankeryankeraa

Tankeryankeraa

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Fuel Tanker Tanker
Thanks to this thread the install went clean. A few notes... As previously mentioned the wires for the tweeter connections were reversed, so I was careful to check that. There's also a coil on the speakers that doesn't quite fit right no matter how I rotated the speakers, I'm pretty sure post installation it's been pulled from the mounting tape on the speaker and is "unmounted" but still connected. I picked up 8- 8x1" and 8- 8x1/2" machine screws to mount the speakers and grills from ace, the hardware with the speakers and pods was a bit long. Full install took about an hour. I pretapped the screws for the speakers after dry fitting them in the mounted pods then pulling the pods down. It seemed easier to get them fitted correctly this way.

The sound is way better altho the tweeters are a little tinny, I'll see if I can pull a little out with the equalizer. Nice bass and punch with these speakers.
I think you'll find that you get better volume out of them as well I paired them with Terra Acoustics Front speakers. I no longer have my Jeep as I started having Electrical issues with it. I ended up upgraded the speakers in my truck to the same ones.

Dajeepguy

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rebicon JL
I have done so much reading and searching my eyes are bleeding. I still haven't found a definitive answer.

I have a 2021 with Alpine premium, I want to upgrade the soundbar speakers still using the stock Amp and wiring . I bought some
DB+ Series 6-1/2" 2-way car speakers, for my other jeep before I traded it in.

My question is can I use these speakers in the sound bar of the Alpine premium system and have them sound right or do I have to get component speakers? I am overwhelmed with searching for component speakers and trying to figure out what will work if I have to get separate crossovers ect..

My current speakers I have on hand.

• handles up to 100 watts RMS (300 watts peak power)
  • frequency range: 40-22,000 Hz
  • sensitivity: 92 dB
  • 4 ohms

20211209_114806.jpg
I must say I was always pretty impressed with the premium alpine system until I started upgrading and then I couldn’t stop. Haha

I replaced my dash speakers with JL Audio C2-350X 3.5” speakers. I also added a separate Focal tweeter to the dash.

in the front lower dash I replaced the 3.5” pods with pods that fit a 6.5” mid woofer. I put a pair if JL Audio C7 6.5” mid woofers
(wow did that make a massive difference.)

in the roll bar I bought metra electronics 6.5” conversion kit so now I replaced the 4” midrange speakers with a set of Focal ES 165 k2 components so I now have a 6.5” mid range woofer and a 1-9/16” tweeter.

I coupled all this together with JL audio Fix 86 sound processor to flatten all the factory curves out and then I drive everything with a JL Audio VX 600/6 amplifier supplying 100watts RMS to each channel
channel 1&2 upper dash
Channels 3&4 lower dash
Channel 5&6 soundbar.

I also put a 10” JL Audio sub in the factors sub box and powered that with JL Audio 600:1 monoblock amp.

I must say i cannot believe how good this sounds with top on or off. It’s like concert hall. And there more volume then you could bare..

hit me up with any questions
Sponsored