First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JK 2 door
First time Wrangler owner here
Been with my 2DS around a month,
And when I leave the house in the morning I accelerate 10-15 mph and sounds like the engine its overworking like buzzing sound, like if I was going full throttle, I don’t onow if its normal or is it too much power for my 2 door...
If I hit a stop sign it keeps spinning or working like 2 more seconds...
If anyone knows about it Let me know,
Tnx.
Sponsored

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Any chance you are running AC when this is going on? It is well known now that the blower in the JLs is very obnoxious. I can't put it together how or why it would coincide with acceleration from a stop though?... just a thought. I hope you figure it out.

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Without a video allowing us to see/hear the sound, you won't get any sound advice.

We can't hear your text.

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
Without a video allowing us to see/hear the sound, you won't get any sound advice.

We can't hear your text.
Pun of the day!

ledzeppelin1977

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Unlimited V6
Funny you should say this, I feel like I have something similar. I can describe mine as a bit of a rattle while accelerating in low gears, like 1st and 2nd (MT) in the lower RPMs (1500-3000).

Without posting an MP3 of it, my best description is that it sounds like someting rattling around underneath the car (can I say like a marble in a glass jar? Lame comparison, I know...), maybe in the transmission, but it has been doing it since I bought the car

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Does it go away after the engine and/or exhaust is warm?
If it sounds like it's coming from under the car, it could be a heat shield on the exhaust. Maybe a loose skid plate or something?

ledzeppelin1977

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It seems to persist irrespective of engine temp. And it's not a random rattle, it does seem to rattle in time with the engine

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Hmm, that's odd. The last time I heard a problem like that was on an old car, usually caused by a little to no oil, or bad piston rings. Aside from taking it in for warranty, I'd recommend checking to make sure you've got enough oil in it.

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
First time Wrangler owner here
Been with my 2DS around a month,
And when I leave the house in the morning I accelerate 10-15 mph and sounds like the engine its overworking like buzzing sound, like if I was going full throttle, I don’t onow if its normal or is it too much power for my 2 door...
If I hit a stop sign it keeps spinning or working like 2 more seconds...
If anyone knows about it Let me know,
Tnx.
Any chance you are running AC when this is going on? It is well known now that the blower in the JLs is very obnoxious. I can't put it together how or why it would coincide with acceleration from a stop though?... just a thought. I hope you figure it out.
Have to agree here...that fan is ridiculously loud. I know here in Texas in the middle of the day I’ve had instances where the blower kicks on as soon as I start my Jeep, but it seems to only be when I’ve left the A/C on high. You can always try turning your A/C all the way up, starting your Jeep and seeing if it makes the sound you describe and then repeat with the A/C off...

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
That makes sense. The belt driving the AC is tied into the engine, so the AC noise would seem to be in time with the engine. Worth checking that, since it's more likely than low oil on a brand new vehicle. I suspect the rattle is something completely harmless.

Sponsored

ledzeppelin1977

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That makes sense. The belt driving the AC is tied into the engine, so the AC noise would seem to be in time with the engine. Worth checking that, since it's more likely than low oil on a brand new vehicle. I suspect the rattle is something completely harmless.
I did an oil change on it less than 1000 miles ago, so I'm hoping thats not the case lol

Also this is with the AC off. Good idea though, will take it to the dealer and see what they say

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Funny you should say this, I feel like I have something similar. I can describe mine as a bit of a rattle while accelerating in low gears, like 1st and 2nd (MT) in the lower RPMs (1500-3000).

Without posting an MP3 of it, my best description is that it sounds like someting rattling around underneath the car (can I say like a marble in a glass jar? Lame comparison, I know...), maybe in the transmission, but it has been doing it since I bought the car
My 2dr 6sp Rubi has done this since day 1. I used to have a manual VW that made the same sound. I’ve chalked it up to “normal.”

I think OP is complaining about a different sound, probably the A/C.

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
Have to agree here...that fan is ridiculously loud. I know here in Texas in the middle of the day I’ve had instances where the blower kicks on as soon as I start my Jeep, but it seems to only be when I’ve left the A/C on high. You can always try turning your A/C all the way up, starting your Jeep and seeing if it makes the sound you describe and then repeat with the A/C off...
I'm considering learning sign language to be able to communicate more effectively at the drive through of the fast food joints in town. they can't hear me, i can't hear them. pull up to window, no better.

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
Just turn off the A/C when you pull up
effective, yet hot. :)

it's over 100 nearly every day down the southwestern town of el paso

Sponsored