MisFiTkEv

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sport S 2.0l Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone else experiencing intermittent volume issues on only the FM radio?

Also... anyone experience the radio sound turning on after answering the connected phone..EVEN THOUGH the radio was a)never turned on and b)the display never turned on either

ill try to post youtube vid when i have a chance.
Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone else experiencing intermittent volume issues on only the FM radio?

Also... anyone experience the radio sound turning on after answering the connected phone..EVEN THOUGH the radio was a)never turned on and b)the display never turned on either

ill try to post youtube vid when i have a chance.
Yes I am as well, sometimes its quiet other times it goes to normal volumes and it just fluctuates everytime I drive. Good thing bluetooth works fine or I would be really annoyed by it.

kirbyx

First Name
Oot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ, 2018 JL
Yes I am as well, sometimes its quiet other times it goes to normal volumes and it just fluctuates everytime I drive. Good thing bluetooth works fine or I would be really annoyed by it.
Mine does it occasionally.... loud then soft then loud then really soft. Happens on one station but less so on others. Checked everything. I'm guessing that there'll be a software fix in the near future... there'd better be: these issues (there are many with my Wrangler) shouldn't happen to a $35,000 vehicle. FCA should not tolerate Wrangler problems, as it's the Jeep brand flagship. I wonder what's happening at their board meetings...

jebjkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Same problem here.

First noticed it after I put a 15" antenna on. I just put the stock antenna back on. Waiting to see if it happens with the stocker.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
It’s the HD signal going in and out. When it has an HD signal it’s louder. My GM and Ford did the same thing.

Sponsored

jebjkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
It’s the HD signal going in and out. When it has an HD signal it’s louder. My GM and Ford did the same thing.
Nope, I do not have HD radio. Only the 8.4" has HD, I have the 7".

OP
OP

MisFiTkEv

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
yeah... I only have the 7"... and it honestly doesnt sound like a "HD" thing. It sounds almost like---- bad connection or maybe even a messed up or dysregulated Active Noise Control issue

OP
OP

MisFiTkEv

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here are three samples. I am not sure if the issue is coming across. All I can say is: #1) it isnt HD issue #2) it is not speed volume issue #3) it is not the station---its VERY local

It only happens to radio stations (NOT XM--and can even click over to XM without issue) and it has happened a handful of times: Turning off radio and turning it back on does not fix it. Turning off vehicle and turning back on does not fix it. Seems to come and go as is pleases---usually after sitting in the driveway for a bit.

Video 1

VIdeo 2

Video 3

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS

MeepMeepJeep

First Name
Julia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2015 Wrangler
I got in my 2018 JL this morning after driving it into the garage last night listening to comedy on XM. No radio noise. Screen lights, XM comedy channel showed, but I could twist the volume all the way up and down and nothing. Checked the audio in menu, not set on mute or anything. No external plugs hooked in, no bluetooth connecting. No idea. Switched it over to AM, then FM, still nothing. No idea. Turned car off, and on, several times. Finally-sound came back. What is going on-anyone have this issue?

jalew33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Wrangler JLUSS
Here are three samples. I am not sure if the issue is coming across. All I can say is: #1) it isnt HD issue #2) it is not speed volume issue #3) it is not the station---its VERY local

It only happens to radio stations (NOT XM--and can even click over to XM without issue) and it has happened a handful of times: Turning off radio and turning it back on does not fix it. Turning off vehicle and turning back on does not fix it. Seems to come and go as is pleases---usually after sitting in the driveway for a bit.

Video 1

VIdeo 2

Video 3
I know this is an old post but I'm having the same issue with my 2021 Sport S with 7 inch radio. FCA escalated the issue and opened a case to have it investigated by a technician. I reproduced the problem for a technician and he admits he hears the issue but he also said this is an acceptable "normal issue" and the radio is working as "it was designed to work". My case manager is saying that if the technician is saying it's working as it should be working then he is going to close the case and I have to accept it as is or put an after market radio in.

Was your issue ever solved?
Sponsored