Sound Mod Needed for 4xe

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
I really need to add some kind of noise maker to warn pets/animals. I'm taking it really easy around the neighborhood and do a visual check before moving.

It seems to make a vaguely Fisker Karma like sound but it's not much. You don't notice it much inside but I could hear it when watching my son drive it around.
Sponsored

greensprit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK, 4xe on order
Is your pedestrian alert system not working? Mine is plenty loud, wish I could make it quieter - or at least a more pleasing sound.

OP
OP

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Is your pedestrian alert system not working? Mine is plenty loud, wish I could make it quieter - or at least a more pleasing sound.
It works, I don't notice it too much, even with the roof open and the back windows out. When my son was driving it around I could hear it. I've also come up behind on a few people and have noticed them turning around with a confused look.

My worry is just with animals. I have a cat that likes to greet me when I pull into the drive way. He will walk in front of my car when I pull in and wait for me to get out. Funny sight, people often comment about it. In time he'll get used to the 4xe.

Prior car was a mustang GT. When that started everything would scatter away.

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
It works, I don't notice it too much, even with the roof open and the back windows out. When my son was driving it around I could hear it. I've also come up behind on a few people and have noticed them turning around with a confused look.

My worry is just with animals. I have a cat that likes to greet me when I pull into the drive way. He will walk in front of my car when I pull in and wait for me to get out. Funny sight, people often comment about it. In time he'll get used to the 4xe.

Prior car was a mustang GT. When that started everything would scatter away.
We have an outside cat that does the same thing. She waits until the very last moment to get out of the way.

Sponsored

OP
OP

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Mine actually gets in the way on purpose. Only does it with me thankfully. It's like he is leading me back home.

We used to be on a farm with a long road and I'd have to crawl along at 1 MPH following him.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Along the same lines....anybody found a way to turn the fingernail scratching off? I notice it's only on below 20 mph.

OP
OP

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Yeah, I thought that was what that Alpine sub was for.
OMG, that Alpine system is so terrible! It has no highs or mid range with over driven muddy bass. I didn't think it could be worse than the Ford B&O but it certainly is.

Alpine should be ashamed of themselves for putting their name on this.

Sponsored

digimark

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 MT JK 2-dr X, Nacho JLUR 4xe.
OMG, that Alpine system is so terrible! It has no highs or mid range with over driven muddy bass. I didn't think it could be worse than the Ford B&O but it certainly is.
I bought a pair of Kicker dash top speakers from Crutchfield, took me about 10 minutes to swap them out (pull off the covers, two screws and swap) for ~$70 and it added a bunch of tweeter to the sound. VERY easy mod.

OP
OP

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Driving my own thread off topic but does replacing the speakers impact any waterproofing?

SnB4xe

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler High Altitude 4xe

Alpine should be ashamed of themselves for putting their name on this.
We are very pleased with the Alpine system in our 4xe and the B&O system in our Mach-E. The 4xe is not very quiet in the cabin anyway so I presume almost any sound system will struggle to compete with the ambient noise. The Mach-E has the opposite issue....very quiet so you really hear the sound limitations with Sirius XM broadcasts etc.

Do we know if the pedestrian speaker is deactivated when in 4L?

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Some very aggressive mud tires could help.
Sponsored