Sometimes it’s the small things that trigger my OCD

kkarnage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392, 2020 JLUR, 2015 JKR
Occupation
Retired
I’ve done over 13K miles in my 2022 392, and for the first time this morning noticed that the font being used on the panel between the speedometer and rev counter to display current speed is markedly different from the font being used everywhere else on the display.

Now, of course, I can’t unsee it 🤣
Sponsored

Fudster

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
So remind yourself that it's the very small thing you've indentified it being.

The most perfectly present thing in our world is imperfection itself. Nature has it; living things, including humans who design things have it.

Look at the tree bench https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/now-i-can-never-unsee-it.104441/post-2175314

It isn't, by design, perfectly centered around the tree. The right side is further away from the tree than the left.

In order to have made it symmetrical, tree roots that keep the tree alive would have had to have been cut. Something about a perfectly centered tree bench around a potentially dead tree makes me think it's best the way it is.

One engine out on a twin engine plane: bad symmetry. Imperfection: life.

jjvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 2017 VW Alltrack, 2003 VW Eurovan
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I’ve done over 13K miles in my 2022 392, and for the first time this morning noticed that the font being used on the panel between the speedometer and rev counter to display current speed is markedly different from the font being used everywhere else on the display.

Now, of course, I can’t unsee it 🤣
Move to Switzerland. You'll be happy. Especially with the stacking of wood. Just search "swiss wood stacking" and you'll see. You can be out hiking in the alps and see a stack of wood out in the middle of nowhere. It's perfectly stacked.

OrneryBear

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge JLUR 6spd
Move to Switzerland. You'll be happy. Especially with the stacking of wood. Just search "swiss wood stacking" and you'll see. You can be out hiking in the alps and see a stack of wood out in the middle of nowhere. It's perfectly stacked.
I thought that's how you're supposed to stack wood. How I was taught. Then again my father used to live in germany in the late 60s early 70s...that might explain it.

jjvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 2017 VW Alltrack, 2003 VW Eurovan
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Jeep Wrangler JL Sometimes it’s the small things that trigger my OCD 635D4DBC-81B9-4AA0-83A1-53A476873E2D

My OCD. This bridge we hiked over in Lauterbrunnen had studs that could have been double nutted and the studs cut off.
Sponsored