Sponsored

Someone talk me out of going with the Sky One-Touch roof..

Slippery Pete

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUW XR 2.0T
The SOT is a sunroof. ;) As much as we enjoy the sunroof on our other vehicle, there's no illusion of "topless" driving. This is the real thing.
I got the SOT on my Willys after having a hardtop for a year and never removing it. I also only had the freedom panels off two or three times. The SOT is convenient for me since I have no where to put a hardtop if I were to remove it other than sitting in my driveway. Also, the freedom panels were a pain to store with kids, groceries, bookbags, etc. I also like the look of the colored top on the Willys which you can't get unless you get the SOT.
Sponsored

pfletcher229648

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR w/SOT, 2024 JLUR X w/SOT(On Order)
Occupation
CIO
I'm excited for mine and on the Willy's the sun and sound package is a no brainer for the cost...

So can you drive with it open over 60? It just won't open after you hit 60 correct?
Yes, you can drive with it open at 70 or 80+. The top will only operate, open or close, under 60. So if you are riding down the interstate at 70 and it starts raining, you have to slow down to 59 to close it.

I drive with it open on the interstate going 70+ often and no issues. Nice thing is Jeep did an amazing job on the hands free microphone and speakers. I have carried on phone conversations at 70+ miles per hour, hands free with windows down and top open. The person on the other end can hear me no problem and I can hear them.

It will be your favorite option on your Jeep.

Shark01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 392, 2005 Ford GT, 1999 Lamborghini Diablo
Won't buy one without it....Option #1 on the list.

stojanowski

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, JK
Yes, you can drive with it open at 70 or 80+. The top will only operate, open or close, under 60. So if you are riding down the interstate at 70 and it starts raining, you have to slow down to 59 to close it.

I drive with it open on the interstate going 70+ often and no issues. Nice thing is Jeep did an amazing job on the hands free microphone and speakers. I have carried on phone conversations at 70+ miles per hour, hands free with windows down and top open. The person on the other end can hear me no problem and I can hear them.

It will be your favorite option on your Jeep.
Wish I would have gotten half doors...

ParadigmDawg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon X, 2023 Rubicon 392
Clubs

It definitely doesn't look as good naked but I doubt that anyone will ever say anything about it when the are staring at the 392 emblem on the hood.

20231112_104357.jpg

Sponsored

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
It definitely doesn't look as good naked but I doubt that anyone will ever say anything about it when the are staring at the 392 emblem on the hood.

Jeep Wrangler JL Someone talk me out of going with the Sky One-Touch roof.. 20231112_104357

Looks better than anything on the road with the SOT open in deep snow and it's below freezing.

2005LJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005LJR and 2024JLU
Two jeeps the LJR is always topless and not driven in winter the JL it's nice to be almost topless at the push of a button when weather permits.. No leaks..

Screenshot_20240130-125926_Gallery.jpg

autotragic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR 6MT

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL

AirportDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUXR, 2018 GC Trailhawk Hemi
Occupation
Aeronautics Professional
To all the SOT owners I wish you luck. I doubt many of you know about the last time Jeep did the whole "convertible" accordion top.

https://www.theautopian.com/why-the-jeep-libertys-sky-slider-roof-was-an-absolute-disaster/

Luckily the SOT is removable and can be replaced with a conventional top I guess.
I echo the positive SOT feedback of others- two years and zero issues. Absolutely love it. As for the comparision to the top on a 16 year old design on a low-end model, I'm confident the design and impelmentation is signficantly evolved. Comparing the folding top on a 2008 Liberty to the SOT of today is like comparing computers that are 16 years apart.

Sponsored

autotragic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR 6MT
I echo the positive SOT feedback of others- two years and zero issues. Absolutely love it. As for the comparision to the top on a 16 year old design on a low-end model, I'm confident the design and impelmentation is signficantly evolved. Comparing the folding top on a 2008 Liberty to the SOT of today is like comparing computers that are 16 years apart.
We are talking about Stellantis here and history has a way of repeating itself. If you are happy then fine by me.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

To all the SOT owners I wish you luck. I doubt many of you know about the last time Jeep did the whole "convertible" accordion top.

https://www.theautopian.com/why-the-jeep-libertys-sky-slider-roof-was-an-absolute-disaster/

Luckily the SOT is removable and can be replaced with a conventional top I guess.
its amazing that in this day and age a major manufacturer can put a product that fails so miserably. and on the roof of all places. i thought we got past all this junk in the 80s with leaky T tops.

i think SOT is awesome but if i personally would not buy one on a jeep i plan to keep long term due to the fiasco above. as mentioned, luckily you can take the whole top off and replace it with a regular hard top or soft top. but that's a lot of $$ down the drain.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

We are talking about Stellantis here and history has a way of repeating itself. If you are happy then fine by me.
yes. stellantis, who cant even figure out how to solve death wobble, Uconnect issues, leaky oil filter housings, clutch issues, 4xe issues, etc... but a motorized sliding ragtop that they struggled with in the past, with no solution? eh, no biggie...

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
yes. stellantis, who cant even figure out how to solve death wobble, Uconnect issues, leaky oil filter housings, clutch issues, 4xe issues, etc... but a motorized sliding ragtop that they struggled with in the past, with no solution? eh, no biggie...
There was at least one thread in 21/22 about breaking plastic rivets and fixes replacing them with bolts and nuts but nothing for a long time. Perhaps the weak point was corrected, that my 21 likely doesn’t have. Anyway- no top storage, wouldn’t remove the top for a day trip, have been soaked, snowed on, fast frozen, and oven baked enough over the years when “things changed” to accept the compromise without regret.

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
Deny oneself enjoyment because of the what ifs 😂

The only thing I regret about the SOT, is that didn't have it in my previous Wrangler, and had to juggle 3 tops, the hard top, the sunrider, and the soft top.

I lost interest in the soft top when it became so bulky and cumbersome, and looks like the hunchback when lowered.

The JK soft top that seated flush in the JK 2 door tub was the best soft top for me.
Sponsored