1. Blu bi Kong

Blu bi Kong Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Vic
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Rubicon JL
    Liked:
    The winning comment!!!
    I mean if I ever came home and told my dad something like that.....! Well, he would step back-put his hands on his hips and get all serious faced- and say, "Which one of ya was driving like an A..hole? "

Sadragna likes this.
  2. OP
    OP
    p99887

p99887 Member

First Name:
    p
    Vehicle(s):
    JLUR
    Liked:
    It sounded like when a rock hits your windshield. The first time was in a parking lot as I was pulling into the McDonalds drive through. The second time was out on the street after I had gone to a store. Seems like the timing just worked out right for him to find me on the street the second time or he was driving around.

Rural Applachia and cjaama like this.
  3. OP
    OP
    p99887

p99887 Member

First Name:
    p
    Vehicle(s):
    JLUR
    Liked:
    I don't think it was that. the first time I saw that car was it stopped in the middle of the road in that parking lot. After all the other cars passed, I went around him/her.. unless they took offense to that.

4. GreyFox

GreyFox Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Brandy
    Vehicle(s):
    17 JKU, 19 JL
    Liked:
    Everything in Cali causes cancer. You'd think they'd all be dead by now :devil:

UKCATS and MORTON like this.
  5. MORTON

MORTON Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    JLU
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Well hopefully IF it happens again you won’t have anyone with you. At that point, you probably need to get out, while waking over, call the police and confront the asshole. It’s a BB gun, you’ll be fine. Block his ass in and confront the SOB while LE is on the way.

p99887 likes this.
  6. PavementWarrior

PavementWarrior Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Gary
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 2 door JL
    Liked:
    We are out hking in the sun all winter while you guys are sitting inside eating butter.

7. Shots

Shots Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Winchell
    Vehicle(s):
    Wrangler Sahara (JLU), Renegade Limited (BU)
    Liked:
    Well, we've all made some jokes, and some people have offered some real suggestions. So, I guess I'll be serious for a moment.

This sounds like a road rage. I doubt the guy was targeting Jeeps in general, but more specifically yours.... or one that looks like yours. Either he took offense to you passing him, or there is something more we don't know about. It doesn't really matter either way. Point being, that since you saw it twice and i'ts shooting BB's at you sounds like your Jeep was the target. It's certainly possible you did something to offend him, even if you didn't realize it. People are so easily offended now, it doesn't take much to set them off. It's also very possible that someone in a Jeep similar to yours did something to offend him, and you were the victim of mistaken identity.

Also being serious. Assuming CA paper plates are like OH paper plate, it's easy enough to track someone down by them. If they're like ours, they've got a distinct number on them that is able to be tracked by police. If that's the case, it's a pretty easy one for them to follow up on.

Okay, seriousness over. Back to picking on CA. :punch:

8. GreyFox

GreyFox Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Brandy
    Vehicle(s):
    17 JKU, 19 JL
    Liked:
    You do know we play in the snow right?

9. PavementWarrior

PavementWarrior Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Gary
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 2 door JL
    Liked:
    Thats butter!

10. Rural Applachia

Rural Applachia Active Member

Vehicle(s):
    2005 Rubicon Unlimited 2018 JLU Sport S
    Liked:
    Drive out tags here are easy to trace. personally he should be glad it was not me. If some one wants to shout at me i will return fire til he is doa. I don't believe in just playing with a gun.

11. JeepU4IA

JeepU4IA Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Rod
    Vehicle(s):
    2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport
    Liked:
    It's funny you bring this up. California just changed the law and as of Jan. 1 all new cars get temporary paper plates with detailed info about the car and its registration. Before that you could get away with not having a license plate for a long time. I know people who never had plates on their cars with little trouble. Now they are cracking down and you'll get pulled over quickly without front or rear license plates.

12. Jeeper Fever

Jeeper Fever Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle(s):
    Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2-Door Manual JLR
    Liked:
    Half of the problem is the stone stupid nature of nearly everyone out here. You can have a picture of the suspect, in his car, and with no lic. number, the cops will not do a single thing. "No number, can't find..." Seriously how many silver late model beemers are lacking a proper plate.

IMHO, the shooter was feeling aggro, and high on meth. Most tweekers are not that nutty, but some few of them are, and act just like that. Also, likely the car is stolen.

The suspect should have been pulled over by now, for not having a numbered plate, if nothing else.

JeepU4IA likes this.
  13. Shots

Shots Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Winchell
    Vehicle(s):
    Wrangler Sahara (JLU), Renegade Limited (BU)
    Liked:
    It's not that the police don't want to do anything about it, it's that they can't. How do you propose they find the owner of this unregistered vehicle? It's not like there a list of locations for vehicles which lack plates. The officer can't search by make or color to find out where they live. Yes the department could put out an alert to watch for a specific type of car (they do that sort of thing all the time), but the odds of finding it are pretty low.

To put it into perspective, I propose a challenge. Find a suspect vehicle for us. The vehicle in question is an older model, Mazda pickup, standard cab. It's dark gray/black with a dented fender and missing rear bumper. We have no registration number, so we don't know where they live but it was last seen in your area on Marsh Creek Rd.
    Our victim provided the following photos of the vehicle.

challenge truck 1.JPG

challenge truck 2.JPG

When you find the suspect, post a photo and we'll consider them caught. It should be easy to pick out, and you know it's last location. You now have the same basic information the police have with this BMW we're talking about. Happy hunting, I'll bet it's not as easy as you think.

PS. Even if the police happen to find the BMW, they still have the burden of proof to verify it's the correct car, AND the person who shot at the OP. It's not just a matter of finding a needle in a haystack. It's more like finding a specific needle in a stack of needles. Your only challenge is to find a specific, easily identifiable, vehicle.

PPS. The GPS for that truck is 37.891274 / 121.848024.