Someone shot at my jeep twice today

Jo's Jeep

First Name
Paul
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Lexus IS300 (Black) R.I.P. Taken out by a drunk driver in front of my house 7 Feb 2020 Saved the Jeep though!, 2008 Dodge Challenger ( Hemi Orange Pearl), 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide (Amber Whiskey), 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Ocean Blue)
I trying to understand this too.

Glad you are OK and there was no damage. This story is bizarre.
Not bizarre and pretty easy to understand if you live here. It truly is the land of Fruits and Nuts. I've been trying to get them to put that on the license plates for decades. After all, we do grow Dates and Almonds; Ha Ha.

Last edited:

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Don’t sell the jeep! That’s crazy talk. Now what you need to do is buy a glock or brand of your choice and have one in the chamber ready to rock n roll.

Just make sure you can articulate the situation and that you felt your life was threatened :devil:. Which shouldn’t be too hard considering what that dumbass did. BB gun or not..if it looks like a pistol and it’s pointed at me..game on.

Hgrace

First Name
Harry
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JUL Sport S, Fleetwood 33 Terra SE. Lincoln MKC. Chevy 2500 HD
So a post like this probably doesn't show up on the forums too often and I'm not sure what triggered the guy, whether it was random or he was targeting Jeeps... but someone shot at my windows twice with a BB/pellet gun today. I didn't think much of it until I reviewed my dash cam footage and saw him pull out a pistol. Both times he shot, he hit the glass but it didn't crack or break. Kudos to my Wrangler! If anyone lives in San Jose, CA be careful of this guy. There's not many older gen silver BMW M6 convertibles out there with the Stevens Creek paper plate. If you see him or know him (by any chance) let me know via pm please. It was a female driver with a male in the driver's seat. At the second occurrence, they switched places, but both times it was the male that shot the gun.

Coincidentally, the guy shot at the side where my 3 year old would sit. Thankfully she wasn't in the car but I can't imagine what kind of dad rage would have ensued if she was there and he shattered the glass window over her head. Or even struck her... At this rate, I'm going to have to sell the Jeep. Without a plate I can't do a whole lot. Which is very unfortunate.

Screenshot 2019-03-08 21.27.12.png

Screenshot 2019-03-08 21.26.35.png
Don't police departments deal with this more effectively than user forums.
Maybe he was shooting at you and not the Jeep.
Ever see the gas station scene in The Jerk?

MORTON

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
...At this rate, I'm going to have to sell the Jeep...
So first off I am very sorry to hear you’re having issues in your community.

Maybe I missed it, but why would you have to sell the Jeep?

I think you should sell your home and move as it sounds like it’s the community and not the Jeep.

BB guns don’t scare me, so I likely would have got out and made him eat it.

OP
p99887

p99887

First Name
p
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Don’t sell the jeep! That’s crazy talk. Now what you need to do is buy a glock or brand of your choice and have one in the chamber ready to rock n roll.

Just make sure you can articulate the situation and that you felt your life was threatened :devil:. Which shouldn’t be too hard considering what that dumbass did. BB gun or not..if it looks like a pistol and it’s pointed at me..game on.
I got plenty of firearms but by law they need to stay at home or unloaded and locked away in the trunk (California). CCWs aren't often granted here.

OP
p99887

p99887

First Name
p
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Don't police departments deal with this more effectively than user forums.
Maybe he was shooting at you and not the Jeep.
Ever see the gas station scene in The Jerk?
I have a very low expectation of them finding the guy. They had paper plates on so they'd have to catch them in the act. I figured I'd post here as a precautionary measure for those in my area. In case the guy really is targeting Jeeps. That and I'm rather proud that my JLUR took 2 pellets to the face and not even a scratch.

yell03

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport
I'm glad you said this as a lot of folks think that you're looking for trouble when you carry a gun when in fact, most CHL holders do their best to avoid or de-escalate (is that a word) dangerous situations to avoid using our guns.
I learned that lesson when a guy was tailgating me with my wife and baby in the car, I pulled over and hopped out thinking I would just give him a beat down, then I realized I had my gun on me and had to act like the world's biggest wimp to get out of the situation.

If the police would have arrived and I would have beat him down with a gun in my possession it would have been serious time.

I was much younger then, now I would just pull over and let him go whether or not I had a gun on me.

OP
p99887

p99887

First Name
p
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
So first off I am very sorry to hear you’re having issues in your community.

Maybe I missed it, but why would you have to sell the Jeep?

I think you should sell your home and move as it sounds like it’s the community and not the Jeep.

BB guns don’t scare me, so I likely would have got out and made him eat it.
We live in a good part of San Jose and I've never encountered anything like this. I'm not afraid of the BB gun itself per se, but what if he does it again while my kid is in the car and maybe this time, the window shatters and injures her? What if he starts using a real gun? Just playing different scenarios out in my head. I probably won't sell the vehicle and since I actually like driving the JLUR, the thought of sell has not come across my mind yet until now. If I do see them again and they pull something like this, I'm definitely going to drive over their car.

NoBigDeal

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I have a very low expectation of them finding the guy. They had paper plates on so they'd have to catch them in the act. I figured I'd post here as a precautionary measure for those in my area. In case the guy really is targeting Jeeps. That and I'm rather proud that my JLUR took 2 pellets to the face and not even a scratch.
Even with paper plates it would be pretty easy for Law Enforcement to figure out the owner of the car especially with the dealer known. Add to it the make, model, and rough year makes it even easier. This is assuming the paper plates are real.

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I mean the only benefit I see is being able to legally eat pot gummies and read “Oh, The Places You'll Go” to your Jeep while fantasizing about aftermarket parts.
Aftermarket parts that all come with the Cali warning that they contain materials that could cause cancer.

OP
p99887

p99887

First Name
p
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Aftermarket parts that all come with the Cali warning that they contain materials that could cause cancer.
I've eaten foods with the prop 65 label. I think some McDonalds have them on their drive through window.

Joeymon1

First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
So weird. Wondering what were you doing that he/she were able to go by you twice. I expect it must have taken you a while to actually process what happened.

Dwayne Lane's Chrysler Jeep Dodge