Sponsored

Someone got stranded on a Canadian highway in their new JL, and then EVERYTHING started flashing

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
To respond to the OP, this is why I hate cars turning to periodic updates. Some computer updates brick the computer. I don't want a software update bricking a vehicle.

Maybe my Jr. 5" uconnect won't have problems.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I think we all owe a big fat thank you to the early adopters. :like:

I hope all these bugs are worked out by summer. :fingerscrossed:

Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Yet another example of why I have ZERO faith in autonomous cars.

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
That's crazy.

Why don't they give us the option to decide on when we want the update to take place? Like we can on our cell phones or PCs?

I don't perform an update on my cell phone prior to an important call or my PC prior to an important meeting.

I sure as hell don't want an update via satellite when I'm driving up the Dalton Highway in Alaska or offroading in the depths of Moab!

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
That's crazy.

Why don't they give us the option to decide on when we want the update to take place? Like we can on our cell phones or PCs?

I don't perform an update on my cell phone prior to an important call or my PC prior to an important meeting.

I sure as hell don't want an update via satellite when I'm driving up the Dalton Highway in Alaska or offroading in the depths of Moab!
Granted, updates should be on our schedule, but there’s really no indication that this is update related - seems entirely unrelated in fact.
Sponsored