Sponsored

Someone Broke into my Jeep; advice, tips?

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
I get it, but the obvious is seldom universally obvious here….

The world is surprisingly full of people paying to fill tires with nitrogen — or installing steering dampers to fix death wobble. ;)
Sponsored

ACAPECE

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Willys XR
This is the link to the kill switch thread.

https://www.ram-trx.com/threads/“plug-and-play”-anti-theft-kill-switch.10323/

The harness will work with a JL. It’s a pretty straight forward set up if you’re interested in tackling it. As many have said there is no full proof way of protecting your jeep.

Best thing you can do is make the necessary adjustments to make yourself comfortable and forget about it. Don’t let some jerkoff ruin your day.

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
Michael, you, Don, and I are definitely Southern boys🤣
What scares them the most is when you say you have a John Deere with a Backhoe...
Jeep Wrangler JL Someone Broke into my Jeep; advice, tips? IMG_2770.JPG

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
He is referring to a 7.62x51 NATO, which is commonly mistaken for a 308.

I'm guessing you already knew this...
I think people breaking into Jeeps might understand grams, not millimeters.

Yeah, I'm pretty familiar with calibers, in both fractions of an inch and millimeters.

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Is it possible you forgot to lock your doors? They do this in my neighborhood all the time. Check for open doors and steal change and small items they can sell. Its happened to me a couple times,...
That very thing has happened a few times here, too, per the shared Ring doorbell camera footage: a "good" neighborhood which the mobile underclass have visited with proven ill intent.

While I'm not victim-blaming, the plethora of vehicles parked in driveways makes for easy pickings (some garages being so full of stuff that even a bicycle would need to be shoehorned therein.)

--------------

As for the Ring vehicle camera, I've read enough lukewarm and negative reviews to suggest that its development isn't yet ready or suited for that particular use case.

tomk62

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Sahara Anvil, 2019 Cherokee
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Ring dash cam
https://ring.com/products/car-cam
This will alert you if there is movement inside the jeep just like the ring door cam
I called to order the ring put was told it sold out in days and will be 6 month before it is available again
Apparently it does not actually work, and they have stopped selling it for now because if its issues.

ACAPECE

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Willys XR
That very thing has happened a few times here, too, per the shared Ring doorbell camera footage: a "good" neighborhood which the mobile underclass have visited with proven ill intent.

While I'm not victim-blaming, the plethora of vehicles parked in driveways makes for easy pickings (some garages being so full of stuff that even a bicycle would need to be shoehorned therein.)

--------------

As for the Ring vehicle camera, I've read enough lukewarm and negative reviews to suggest that its development isn't yet ready or suited for that particular use case.
Oh I victim blamed. My poor wife got an earful😂😂. Then I forgot to lock my doors and they stole my change a few weeks later. 😡.

Willys41

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Willys
I hope they fixed the car ring
I am only interested in its ability to alert me instantly on car brake ins
As far as the WiFi part I have a permanent computer hot spot mounted in my jeep and will hook it up to run all the time
I was planning to find a way to hook up the car ring with a switched power source and not rely on the OBD-II port
If there is another system that will alert me please let me know. I have not found one

Muttbus-JL

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler JL
I believe I might have a solution to this issue…
over the last few years I have caught a few amazing folks trying to burglarize or steal my vehicle.
we have cameras out front (and no, the truck wasn’t in the garage…doors were too low to handle A truck even at stock height. What worked for me was using a motion sensor. (Image attached) I usually bought them at that cheap tool place everyone goes to for throw away tools. They run anywhere from about $15-$20 depending on where you purchase them.
they are non Wi-F, non Bluetooth and will work even camping. (I use them as a perimeter type alarm.
All three times we caught someone, they alerted me very early and I had time to deter the individual from his life of crime. (It’s amazing the lack of gratitude they showed even after I politely and graciously offered to assist them with visiting deceased friends and relatives…)😁
The tech is so simple, they cannot be tampered with, the only issue is false alerts which depend entirely on where you place them. They can be painted flat black and I usually place black duct tape over the LED light on the sensor.
if you guys have any questions, please feel free to reach out or reply here.
Pete

IMG_7855.jpeg

Sponsored

Willys41

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Willys
Because I do a lot traveling and stay in motels what I am looking for is something like the car ring that will alert me if some one brakes into my jeep and I can see if it is a true brake in or false alarm
I can't be running to my jeep every time the I get an alert of false alarm
So a system that will alert me and provide video would be perfect

SargeDiesel

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Not mine, you would have to know where it is to unplug it.... My setup the tazer can go in the back behind interior panels or anywhere else you want. It can also easily be placed under the center console.
I told Z Automotive they should make a Tazer relocation harness like mine. They make one for the OBD version of the Taser, just not the Tazer mini.
With hiding the tazer you also get the added features of the tazer.
This is the other CAN bush unit I put in my friends Gladiator. It is the same as the Ghost II, I believe this company actually makes it for Ghost.
https://www.ampire.de/WFS400-PRO.htm?shop=ampire_en&SessionId=&a=article&ProdNr=WFS400-PRO&p=59260

But instead of going back and forth in this thread about guns and not realistic was of "protecting you jeep" how about some real solutions.... I have yet to see someone willing to sit in their car 24/7 and not get out. There are more pages in this thread about guns and "I'll do this and they can't beat my 7.62mm" then real information.
I believe there is a general section in this forum so people can just chit chat about nonsense. This nonsense is why you have to read through 40 pages of BS just to see if there was any REAL input...
I am sure people that are posting all this BS are going to try and flame me, I don't care. Everyone else knows what I am saying is true and is tired of reading though countless chit chat. So most if them repost the same questions because they don't want to read through the 40 pages...
First, I'm not sure why your venting on me... but I will take it with a grain of salt... this is an internet forum after all..

In this thread, I never promoted guns as a means of protection of my vehicle.... and I did offer some "real solutions"... as a matter of fact, one suggestion is very similar to yours.

As far as the Tazer, I would agree by relocating it, you might have made it more difficult to defeat it (or atleast physically find it )... but regardless of the type of harness or location of it, they still have to ultimately connect/wire to the same originating location (SGW)?

My biggest issue with the Tazer is based on personal preference, I just don't want to leave it continously plugged in.

SargeDiesel

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Do you have a Ravelco? They look like hot garbage.
No sir , I don't. Based on my research, they seemed solid. Just expensive and a little intrusive. What makes you say "they look like hot garbage" ?
Sponsored