Some people’s kids...

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
Let me preface this by saying I’m an old guy, but stilll. Today wife, dog and I are in our 28.5 ft Class B pulling our JL. Coming up on I-24 north of Chattanooga TN headed for home. We are climbing Mont Eagle mountain (a very steep, long, grade). I’m in the right lane. Ford E450 is cruising nice and easy at 55 mph. Come around a curve and there in front of us is a nice shiny airstream, butt up in the air, taillights pointing to the moon, going VERY slow. Pulled into center lane to pass. Trailer appears to be a 25 (or maybe 28’) Flying Cloud. At the front end are Ricky and Robin Redneck in an Unlimited, no top, doors off, rear bumper almost touching the ground and headlights pointed toward Mars😳. Poor little Jeep is revving HIGH, sounds like it’s ready to blow. What the HE double hockey sticks are these folks thinking? Hitch weight is what 850-1100 lbs? Trailer is 6 to 8500 k?, and these rocket scientists are pulling it with a Wrangler😳. Proof that there is insufficient chlorine in the gene pool and that Forest was right. I remember when Jeep folks were basically outdoorsmen (or women) who enjoyed the out of doors and the capability of the Jeep to get them there. We “camped” but we used tents and sleeping bags. If we needed to haul a load or pull a trailer we bought a TRUCK... Now for some reason folks think the Wrangler is an ideal tow vehicle (well gosh, it’ll go off road, must be the same as. 3/4 or one ton truck right?). Sorry guys, I just don’t get it. If you want a huge camper that’s cool, just get a TOW vehicle to pull it, don’t put yourselves, your family, and everybody else on the road at risk because you think you know more than the engineers who designed your vehicle! Please folks, THINK before you act. The life you save may be your own! (End of rant😏)
Sponsored

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
There's no accounting for some folks' stupidity. They're among us now, just as they always have been.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Yeap. If you gonna pull something with a Jeep, trust the engineers. if it says 3500lbs max it is 3500lbs max. If it says 2000lbs max then thats what it is. It doesnt matter that they pull twice as much in Europe, we are in the US and those are the numbers.

Ill be pulling a small offroad trailer with my 2 door. But that trailer is staying below 1200~1300 loaded, and ill be driving slowww. I drive my Jeep slow anyway.

CpT Papa

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RUBICON 392
That thinking or lack of will keep YouTube in business for many years to come.

Down South

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Sounds like the tail wagging the dog. I've been towing stuff all of my adult life. I have a truck for towing and a Jeep for riding.
I don't even plan to tow anything with the JLUR at this point as the trailers I have would exceed the tow rating of the Jeep.

I've seen my share of stupid stuff being towed through the years.