Sponsored

Some Jeepers do it for the view... but whoa!

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
I've done the same, but 1st gear is lower than reverse in the current JL, so it seems 1st would be better. Engine doesn't care if you're in 1st or reverse, as the engine doesn't turn backwards.
Sponsored

Old Jeeper

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
I've done the same, but 1st gear is lower than reverse in the current JL, so it seems 1st would be better. Engine doesn't care if you're in 1st or reverse, as the engine doesn't turn backwards.
And that is why you put it in reverse...

EveOfChaos

First Name
Eve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Granite Willys V6
Occupation
Nerd
That is a good question. I don't know the full answer for every situation, but a few months ago I called USAA and explained my soon-to-be new lifestyle because I wanted to know if they would cover all of my mods if I totaled my Jeep. The answer was "no."

I then found insurance that not only covers all of my mods, but since I am about to be an overlander it treats my Jeep as my home. My Jeep has personal property coverage attached to it for up to $20k (the limit I chose) that will reimburse me for my belongings in the case of theft or damage. I was honest and upfront with them as far as my plans for overlanding, and crawling, and since they specialize in these types of things it was no problem.

The best part is that the monthly payment is pretty reasonable in my opinion.
Who did you find that covers mods for a decent price? I'm going to hit the limit my insurance will cover and need to find someone new.

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Marine, Full-time Overlander.
Who did you find that covers mods for a decent price? I'm going to hit the limit my insurance will cover and need to find someone new.
I used the insurance company recommended by that Lite Bright couple off of YouTube.
https://www.thephoenixinsurance.com
The Phoenix Insurance represents various insurance providers, and they will recommend a provider based on your needs. My provider is Encompass. If I ever need assistance I go through Phoenix Insurance and they represent me.

On my Jeep I have full coverage, umbrella, and a form of renters insurance to cover all of my belongings in the Jeep while overlanding.

I hope this helps.