Sponsored

Some Jeepers do it for the view... but whoa!

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Yeah, I get that. But if it wasn't considered a forest service road, then what - no insurance coverage, some coverage, or same as if you were in someone's unpaved driveway?
depends on your contract. I assume no coverage, personally.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Last year a Bronco Sport took the same shortcut to the bottom there

Jeep Wrangler JL Some Jeepers do it for the view... but whoa! 1662129771095
They ignored the warnings at Bridal Falls that the road becomes one way (probably looking for parking).

When they realised they were I. Over their head, they tried to turn around in a switchback.

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
depends on your contract. I assume no coverage, personally.
That's probably the safest mindset. Honestly was just curious and figured someone here had to have tried making a claim in such circumstances (where's the guy that just flipped his new JLUR on its roof?)

Sponsored

Come2elmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chev 2500 HD, 16 Chevy Burb
Charles Schwab bought them and will run the company into the ground. They canā€™t innovate so they just buy all their competition and roll the customers into their bank because thats their only focus.
Investing arm went to Schwab. Banking and insurance is still in house. I tried using RBFCU for my loan when I purchased from Gupton but they balked at the out of state and wanted me to get a bunch of info and stuff to do the deal. On a whim I went to USAA and they beat the rate and didn't care who I bought the jeep from. At any rate it pays to shop around for everything as situations differ.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Investing arm went to Schwab. Banking and insurance is still in house.
For now. As soon as they finish eating Ameritrade, they'll come for the more regulatory complex sections of USAA... that is, if there's no other competition they can remove before then.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
If you're a third pedal fan, never, ever trust your e-brake. If you're on the edge of a 1000 foot cliff and you need to get out, put it in gear and turn the engine off.
Yeah, and don't trust it to stay in gear... I had a vehicle jump out of gear after I got out of it and it rolled into another car...

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
I use it. But why let that be the only thing you use when you have the option to throw it in gear to be double sure? Thatā€™s all.
That makes more sense. ā€œDonā€™t trust itā€ is more like ā€œdonā€™t trust it exclusivelyā€.

Sponsored

Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
Looks like a very scenic and interesting drive..... Yet not on my trails list as from what I've seen it does actually vary from time to time for safety and I can find many more scenic drives that are much safer for us and our new Jeep
On the other hand, I enjoy watching the videos (not this one obviously) so please mount some cameras and post the vids on YB for us "bunny trail" Jeepers so can at least experience some of the thrill of being there on the edge šŸ˜¬
Then again, never say never, I could be talked into a group ride I suppose

NMPirate

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon Recon
Occupation
King Shit of Turd Island
I have heard, but cannot confirm, that a lot of the Colorado trails are actually considered as county roads. Therefore, your insurance should cover any "incidents". Inquiring minds would like to know from someone that actually lives there.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
I have heard, but cannot confirm, that a lot of the Colorado trails are actually considered as county roads. Therefore, your insurance should cover any "incidents". Inquiring minds would like to know from someone that actually lives there.
It's true. Black Bear Pass isn't one of them, it's a numbered FS road. Others in the area such as Engineer Pass and Cinnamon Pass are numbered county roads.
Sponsored