Some good news for JL Wrangler diesel!

Billy

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
The Ursa Minor top, according to their website and youtube videos, can take a rack on top, and can be color matched. There are also window options for the back. No window, window, and sliding window with screen. They are out of San Diego.
And a Portland, Oregon suburb...

Vegas_Sirk

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
So expensive ... $8K for a tent is a bit steep. Not sure you would get it back out on resale.

Billy

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
So expensive ... $8K for a tent is a bit steep. Not sure you would get it back out on resale.
Good point, but The factory top has value to offset the cost.

Vegas_Sirk

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Good point, but The factory top has value to offset the cost.
Yea I have never looked at hard top resale values. Any idea of what you can get for them? Also at 8K you can buy a used ultralight camper. My father's friend just sold a 20 something footer that he paid $25K for 9K (it was mint, barely used)

AVENTUS

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
Super light, super slim, factory roof addition, which could slide into side roof gutters, pop up camper would be epic for around $2500.

I want a Diesel or electric JLU Sahara, with the three removable sunroof panels storable in cargo area, and a "slide lock" super light, super slim, factory pop up camper.

MarcM

First Name
Marc
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX Chrysler 300S
The price is a little steep, but I like the design and I like that it is low profile, and can be entered from inside the Jeep. I plan on keeping it until I die, so I am not worried about resale!

RDwheeler

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JGC, Rubicon
Electric...? A baby kitten dies every time someone tries to make a Wrangler more green.
Instant max torque doesn't interest you? It seems to be to cover all the draws of a diesel especially for a vehicle such as the Wrangler that spends most of its life off road or in stop/go/low-rev or crawling situations. If you're doing a lot of highway driving the advantages start shifting toward diesel but that's not how most Wrangler owners I know use them.

digitalbliss

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Instant max torque doesn't interest you? It seems to be to cover all the draws of a diesel especially for a vehicle such as the Wrangler that spends most of its life off road or in stop/go/low-rev or crawling situations. If you're doing a lot of highway driving the advantages start shifting toward diesel but that's not how most Wrangler owners I know use them.
Most wrangler owners I know and see, use them for riding around with their doors off and tops down. I know that the wrangler is the most capable off road the shelf vehicle you can buy but I think "most" wranglers "stop/go/low-rev" situations from sitting at red lights...

kidney

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Italian
Diesel discussion is interesting but diesel engines are primarily interesting choice in India and Europe. Both India and most of Europe have lower price of diesel fuel compared to gasoline.

That's part of the reason why FCA is not offering diesel in US for small cars. The other part is that there is currently no diesel 4 cylinder engine from FCA with SCR. So it's impossible for them to pass EPA emission tests. Yeah, someone tried that but they cheated. It was VW.
In the near future we will have 1.6 diesel in Europe which will have SCR.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 08 JKUR, 15 Ford Transit 350, 04 WJ 4.7, 17 Renegade, 99 Merc E430 S
Vehicle Showcase
Most wrangler owners I know and see, use them for riding around with their doors off and tops down. I know that the wrangler is the most capable off road the shelf vehicle you can buy but I think "most" wranglers "stop/go/low-rev" situations from sitting at red lights...
You should go to Moab. Lots of Jeeps are used off-road. Probably a higher percentage than any other 4wd vehicle.

digitalbliss

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
You should go to Moab. Lots of Jeeps are used off-road. Probably a higher percentage than any other 4wd vehicle.
Oh, I don't doubt it! I'm just saying, "most" Wranglers nation wide are used as grocery getters 99% of the time.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 08 JKUR, 15 Ford Transit 350, 04 WJ 4.7, 17 Renegade, 99 Merc E430 S
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, I don't doubt it! I'm just saying, "most" Wranglers nation wide are used as grocery getters 99% of the time.
Yep, true. I'd still bet that diesel is nice on the road, with all that torque and horsepower that isn't too far off of the current 3.6.

zgn

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler TJ (2001)
What do you expect people do with their Jeeps 99% of the time? Do you think it is realistic to go buy a $30K vehicle and only use to to go climb rocks every few weekends? The reason the Jeep was brought to market was so that it could be the ultimate all-round vehicle to get from here to anywhere and back. They weren't made so people would use them primarily for 4-wheeling.

Advertisement

Next Venture Motorsports

Advertisement