Sponsored

Some bad welds I found on my 2018 sport frame

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Obviously it was acceptable to the clown who inspected it and approved it. But those are still garbage welds. No welder I know would find that acceptable. No employer I know would accept those welds from a human welder. Not in pressure vessels or aerospace. Not in general industrial work. Not in pipelines. Not in structural work.
You go get 'em Tiger!

OP, you can choose how much of your time you want to spend dealing w FCA on this. My time is more valuable than that - for others, maybe they choose to spend their time differently and that's 100% individual choice.
Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Obviously it was acceptable to the clown who inspected it and approved it. But those are still garbage welds. No welder I know would find that acceptable. No employer I know would accept those welds from a human welder. Not in pressure vessels or aerospace. Not in general industrial work. Not in pipelines. Not in structural work.
I agree. I wouldn't buy a wrought iron gate that had welds like that.

Chaosmtb

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ 00 XJ 19 jlur
3/19 build and was pretty dissapointed in the porosity in my welds, tons of slag that fell off after the paint was applyed and bb.s as well all over the frame rails falling off i took a metal file knocked everything down and painted it... i can weld so im not too worried but its deff not a great feeling.. alot of these will prob rot out like the tjs in 10 years
Sponsored