First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
I was insanely nervous about buying FCA given their track record. I love this jeep. But it has literally not functioned since pickup. I’m totally cool if they fix it. If they keep it weeks on end though trying to get it to work then yeah sadly I’d have to bounce.

fingers crossed it’s a software glitch and they will get it fixed.
Sponsored

rlervin58

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired
I was insanely nervous about buying FCA given their track record. I love this jeep. But it has literally not functioned since pickup. I’m totally cool if they fix it. If they keep it weeks on end though trying to get it to work then yeah sadly I’d have to bounce.

fingers crossed it’s a software glitch and they will get it fixed.
Same here. I want it fixed. They gave me another Jeep just not as decked out as my Elite model. I won't take mine back until it is fixed.

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
Same here. I want it fixed. They gave me another Jeep just not as decked out as my Elite model. I won't take mine back until it is fixed.
I’m not sure if I’ll get a loaner since I bought out of state. Set up my apt with the local dealer. Fingers crossed.

OP
OP
ChimpanZed

ChimpanZed

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
I’ve been driving the Jeep a lot this week and so far I haven’t had this issue arise. I wonder if an OTA update has occurred?

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
I’ve been driving the Jeep a lot this week and so far I haven’t had this issue arise. I wonder if an OTA update has occurred?
I believe you have to agree to at OTA update. Aka it will prompt you and you have to say yes.

does your uconnect phone app work? Does the marketplace app work? Does the SOS work?

Sponsored

Griff71

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLUR
I would love to say that it has, but the issue resurfaced on me earlier this week. @JeepCares would love to get an update on this issue please.

rlervin58

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired
@JeepCares When are we going to get an update on this? My dealership is waiting on Star to provide something. I have been without my vehicle for 2 weeks. Why isn't anyone putting any priority on getting this resolved?

OP
OP
ChimpanZed

ChimpanZed

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
It’s been almost 2 weeks and the issue hasn’t come back. I really think there was an update.

Onward4x4

First Name
Nima
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.onward4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Traveler
Vehicle Showcase
Hi everyone,

I'm sorry to hear about your Uconnect concerns. I've spoken with Uconnect engineering about this. Please make an appointment with your dealership and have them do a hard reset to your system. This should stop your apps from going offline. Please let me know if you need any assistance with this.

Alison
JeepCares
Hello @JeepCares - what is the procedure to do a hard reset of the 8.4 uConnect at home? I have googled and there are a plethora of various ways shown on youtube and none of them has worked for me. I don't want to do a soft reset (which incidentally, did not work either) but one that puts everything back to factory settings. Any help will be appreciated.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hello @JeepCares - what is the procedure to do a hard reset of the 8.4 uConnect at home? I have googled and there are a plethora of various ways shown on youtube and none of them has worked for me. I don't want to do a soft reset (which incidentally, did not work either) but one that puts everything back to factory settings. Any help will be appreciated.
Hi, to do a hard reset please follow the following steps:

1) Put vehicle into the accessories mode (ACC or RUN) **For keyless start (push-button) vehicles: push the start button twice without having their foot on the gas or brake pedal**

2) Hold down the Phone and voice recognition buttons, at the same time, for thirty seconds.

3) Let go of the buttons

4) Turn vehicle off

5) Open driver’s side door for thirty seconds (or until dash illumination goes black)

6) Close door

7) Restart vehicle

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Alison
JeepCares
Sponsored