Sponsored

SOLVED! OFF TOPIC - Any HVAC Furnace experts here?? I need help!!

Retrograde

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
Please help me. This has had me scratching my head for a week. Iv had a tech come out and they’re scratching their head and trying to throw parts at it...
You own a Jeep. You should be used to this kind of thing by now.
Sponsored

mantronics

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep unlimited Sahara
Does jumping the board elongate a bad board?

Meaning a jumper wire from the R and W turning in the inducer or a jumper wire from R and G turning in the fan say the board is working correctly?
[/QUOTE He can just turn the thermostat fan to on test it that way

Sponsored

OP
OP
Caliguy

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
Well new thermostat did not fix it. It’s showing error code 34 now and I can’t get ignition. I was getting ignition before the new thermostat

Edit 1: just got ignition

Edit 2: now showing error code 12 again

bradcrc

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
had a very similar issue on my sister's furnace. It was the door switch. A tech had come out and not closed it properly, so the furnace would start up, run for a few seconds and then stop for no apparent reason.

I spent like 30 minutes before I figured out he had put the door on wrong and the door switch wasn't properly switched shut. Held the switch shut and the furnace ran fine, put the door back on properly and it worked fine.

stupid, but problems like this frequently are cause by stupid things.

good luck.

Beachcomber72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU High Tide
Well new thermostat did not fix it. It’s showing error code 34 now and I can’t get ignition. I was getting ignition before the new thermostat

Edit 1: just got ignition

Edit 2: now showing error code 12 again
Error code 12 is bad gas valve/regulator problem…

hmm mystery deepens. And you changed the valve correct? I believe too you stated problem got a tad worse with the new valve?

Sponsored

Beachcomber72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU High Tide
had a very similar issue on my sister's furnace. It was the door switch. A tech had come out and not closed it properly, so the furnace would start up, run for a few seconds and then stop for no apparent reason.

I spent like 30 minutes before I figured out he had put the door on wrong and the door switch wasn't properly switched shut. Held the switch shut and the furnace ran fine, put the door back on properly and it worked fine.

stupid, but problems like this frequently are cause by stupid things.

good luck.
Yeah that’s a gas/carbon monoxide safety thing.

Beachcomber72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU High Tide
I have not checked it. I’m not even sure how to, I imagine I can get on the roof and look? But then what?
that’s going to be more of a @mantronics question. But if it can’t sense free flow non pressure then it won’t allow igniter to fire.

like maybe a bird or critter in the exhaust line. I don’t really feel this is the issue though.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I've had this happen and the root cause wasn't mentioned yet.
The fan has a capacitor to help start it up. It's in the fan compartment. If it looks at all swollen, it's bad and that's your problem. If it's not swollen it still might be the problem but it requires testing equipment to confirm (or the proverbial throw parts at it). The furnace will shut down if the fan doesn't spin up adequately and it needs the capacitor to do that.

This part right here gave me deja vous about my bad capacitor not spinning up the fan adequately.
the fan relay will click on and off several times and eventually the fan will start after about 10-15 clicks with the fan turning on for longer periods of time each time but usually not for more than a fraction of a second to 1 second.

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
I have not checked it. I’m not even sure how to, I imagine I can get on the roof and look? But then what?
You could TEMPORARILY disconnect the exhaust duct at the unit and see if you get normal operation. If you do, there’s likely an obstruction in the pipe, if not, it’s probably clear. Does everything work normal when you call for A/C?

Beachcomber72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU High Tide
I was certain that based on our past issue and your matching videos that the thermostat was going to be your culprit. I wish I was there to be onscene with you.
Sponsored