Sponsored

SOLVED - No volts on interior battery wire (aux switch bank)

AppleJacks23

First Name
A.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Human Resources
Vehicle Showcase
Resolved- fuse F72 goes to that wire. Fuse box specifies 30 amp fuse and there was a 10 amp fuse there instead. replaced with a spare 25 amp and everything is working now!

Does anyone know why I may have no volts on the red/white wire under the passenger side dash? It worked a couple months back. Aux and ignition wires are fine but red/white is showing 0 on the multimeter. (Yes I ran to ground too..). Is there a fuse somewhere or something else easy to check before I try to trace the wire or cut the end off?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
For those with Factory installed Aux switches, here is the fuse list in regard to Aux .... Aux 1, 2, 3, 4, and also Direct to Battery and Ignition Switched, which are only found in the passenger foot well, Aux bundle.

These fuses are found in the power distribution center (PDC) next to the Main battery.

F50 HD ACC — If Equipped 10 Amp Red Micro < Ignition switched wire in pass foot well

F72 HD ELEC ACC PKG — If Equipped 10 Amp Red Micro < Direct to battery in pass foot well

F92 HD ACCY #2 — If Equipped 40 Amp Green Cartridge < Aux 2

F93 HD ACCY #1 — If Equipped 40 Amp Green Cartridge < Aux 1

F103 HD ACCY #3 — If Equipped 15 Amp Blue Micro <Aux 3

F108 HD ACCY #4 — If Equipped 15 Amp Blue Micro <Aux 4

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Resolved- fuse F72 goes to that wire. Fuse box specifies 30 amp fuse and there was a 10 amp fuse there instead. replaced with a spare 25 amp and everything is working now!

Does anyone know why I may have no volts on the red/white wire under the passenger side dash? It worked a couple months back. Aux and ignition wires are fine but red/white is showing 0 on the multimeter. (Yes I ran to ground too..). Is there a fuse somewhere or something else easy to check before I try to trace the wire or cut the end off?

@AppleJacks23

The Direct to Battery wire is fused at 10 amp .... You have read the PDC cover incorrectly..

Again, a 10 amp and not a 30amp fuse as you mention. Suggest you install a 10 amp fuse in F72 , as soon as possible. You do not want to risk frying that wire.

OP
OP
AppleJacks23

AppleJacks23

First Name
A.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Human Resources
Vehicle Showcase
@AppleJacks23

The Direct to Battery wire is fused at 10 amp .... You have read the PDC cover incorrectly..

Again, a 10 amp and not a 30amp fuse as you mention. Suggest you install a 10 amp fuse in F72 , as soon as possible. You do not want to risk frying that wire.
Thanks I'll put the right one back in. The left column amperage was right next to the middle column fuse number. A line would really help there lol!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For those that come across this thread in the future.... say in a search regarding blown aux fuses.... do know... that the fuses for Aux 1, 2, 3, 4 in the dealer / self installed Aux switch kit are not in the PDC like with the factory installed Aux Switch offering.

With the dealer/self installed Aux switches, find a fuse on each individual aux wire itself.
Sponsored