Sponsored

Solution - Controlling High Watt Inverter using Factory Aux Switches

AgileHumor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently 2017 JK, with 2022 4xE JL on order
For inverters greater than 500w, using the factory Auxiliary (Aux) Switches is not possible due to the 40amp limit on switch #1 & #2 (and 15amp on #3 & #4).

This normally requires a high powered 300A relay for my 2000watt inverter controlling the power which was not desirable. I simply wanted a inverter that had the ability to be switched on by a low amp control wire available from my JL's Aux switches..

After exhaustive search, I found a inverter from Go Power GP-ISW (700-4000 watt models) that allows control via single positive output from the Aux switches. This allowed me to take the Orange wire from my JL’s Aux Switch #3 and wire it to terminal #4 on the Go Power GP-ISW inverter.

For power, I ran 2/0 thick copper wire directly to the JL 12v battery. The switching is done via the Aux Switch settings in Uconnect to set it to turn on at ignition only.

So happy I found one vendor (at least that I could find) that provides a simple control mechanism for the inverter. Hope this helps you all!

The very rare documentation on this remote control terminal wiring is located here on page #33 (also uploaded an image of the terminal wiring and manual, since later revisions of manual leave the terminal wiring documentation out):
https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/catsy.549/78158_MAN_ISW.pdf

Go Power 2000 watt Inverter I purchased:
https://www.amazon.com/Go-Power-GP-ISW2000-12-Industrial-Inverter/dp/B07D4XQ8P3

Jeep Wrangler JL Solution - Controlling High Watt Inverter using Factory Aux Switches Inverter Control Terminal Wiri
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

shindleria235

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
where's the inverter going?

i imagine 200W isn't too large, but i've held off on installing the 1000W renogy i picked up bc the under-seat install is not...feasible, let's say.

OP
OP

AgileHumor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently 2017 JK, with 2022 4xE JL on order
Mine is 2,000 watts (166amps at 12v) using 2/0 wire from the battery. It's mounted on the left side of my 4xE under the Diabolical security enclosure.

It's controlled on/off by the Jeep Aux switch to turn on after ignition.

Jeep Wrangler JL Solution - Controlling High Watt Inverter using Factory Aux Switches Jeep Inverter

Jeep Aux Switch Labels.png

Last edited:

EEProf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler JL Willys 4xE
Occupation
Emeritus (retired) Engineering Professor
(NOT) Enabled
Sponsored