First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe; 2013 vw gli; 2022 Maverick Hybrid
Occupation
engineer
first time jeep owner, looked at bronco as well. really glad we dodged that bullet. I really liked the jeep looks but the 4xe really negates the tracking/handling issues IMO. 7000 miles of which much was at 80-90. smooth and responsive as any truck. No wandering and constant tweaking of the wranglers we test drove. The power and silence in offroading is a experience to be had. The instant response in traffic in phenomenal. (trick, put into esave to have the FULL power available) had to move quickly out of traffic once and did a four wheel burn from already moving. wife and I had to wait for our heads to reattach. I think the 4xe is a really good second runner up to the 392. FYI, I do like crazy power, multistage modded gli with 0-60 in mid 4s. in comparison, I dont feel for wanting in the 4xe.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ChaseW

ChaseW

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wrangler 392 XR
Well she finally arrived! I just finished the initial break-in cycle on the engine and have about 700 miles on her. MAN it's great to be back in a Jeep, especially this one. I love the Xtreme Recon package on it from a looks standpoint, and think the stance is perfect.

Compared to my last 392 without the XR package, this one (to me) seems noticeably faster than the 392 without the XR package, which is ridiculous. It is definitely thirstier at highway speeds, getting right at 15mpg, whereas my last one was closer to 17mpg. We'll see if this changes as it breaks in.

I am also happy to report that the build quality, especially in the interior, is much nicer than the Bronco as I anticipated. At least, in my opinion.

Can't wait to get her dirty and see how the changes with the XR package fair off-road. soooo happy to be back in a Jeep! Cheers Everyone!

IMG_4728.jpg

IMG_4729.jpg

IMG_4730.jpg

IMG_4731.jpg

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, love me some sting gray. My little 3.6 does what I ask of it but man I'd LOVE to have 6.4 in it!

I just couldn't see beating on a $80k jeep like I do this $40k one... at least insurance would pay this one off if I total it :).

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Very nice! Congratulations!

I am also happy to report that the build quality, especially in the interior, is much nicer than the Bronco as I anticipated. At least, in my opinion.

IMG_4728.jpg

IMG_4729.jpg

IMG_4730.jpg

IMG_4731.jpg
Yes, Bronco's assembly quality is simply appalling.

I was shocked at the overall cheapness as soon as I opened the door of a 2-Door Bronco with the Sasquatch package: the swaths of cheap, hard plastics on the doors; the wobbly frameless windows; the flimsy grab assists; the flat dashboard with the large screen that looks like it was just dropped there.

The only thing in the interior that offered some semblance of quality were the front seats.

Sponsored

Bradley

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer
Very nice! Congratulations!

Yes, Bronco's assembly quality is simply appalling.

I was shocked at the overall cheapness as soon as I opened the door of a 2-Door Bronco with the Sasquatch package: the swaths of cheap, hard plastics on the doors; the wobbly frameless windows; the flimsy grab assists; the flat dashboard with the large screen that looks like it was just dropped there.

The only thing in the interior that offered some semblance of quality were the front seats.
I spent extended time in a Sport rental last week. Couple that with my buddy's 2019 Sahara and I'd say Jeep and Ford are relatively even on quality at the higher trims but the lower trims... the Jeep looked and felt like a piece of crap. I'm sure it's not been well taken care of but all my family members commented on the lack of interior quality when inside the Sport. It had no bells and whistles outside the standard equipment though.

Last edited:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I spent extended time in a Sahara rental last week. Couple that with my buddy's 2019 Sahara and I'd say Jeep and Ford are relatively even on quality at the higher trims but the lower trims... the Jeep looked and felt like a piece of crap. I'm sure it's not been well taken care of but all my family members commented on the lack of interior quality when inside the Sahara. It had no bells and whistles outside the standard equipment though.
A low optioned Rubicon is going to feel exactly the same as a low optioned Sahara. Thereā€™s nothing intrinsic in Sahara that makes it feel cheap inside; a low optioned Rubicon will be the exact same.

And I disagree on Bronco. This was a well-equipped $53,000 2-door with power leather seats and the hardtop. Like I said: besides the seats, everything else inside that Bronco looked and felt terribly cheap.

I think Ford owners have become so accustomed to cheap interiors that they donā€™t see it any more.

Bradley

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer
A low optioned Rubicon is going to feel exactly the same as a low optioned Sahara. Thereā€™s nothing intrinsic in Sahara that makes it feel cheap inside; a low optioned Rubicon will be the exact same.

And I disagree on Bronco. This was a well-equipped $53,000 2-door with power leather seats and the hardtop. Like I said: besides the seats, everything else inside that Bronco looked and felt terribly cheap.
Sorry it was a Sport, NOT a Sahara. I still stand by what I say though... I understand why people think the Bronco can feel cheap inside with some of the plastics looking/feeling scratchy. However, the high volume touch points are fine. I do not think the Jeep interiors are anything special nor greater than what Ford has put out there. I've also seen how the Jeeps interiors do overtime and I am not a fan. We will see how the Bronco's hold up as that has yet to be seen. If Jeep updates the interior in the coming years I'm sure it will be much better because I do think Ford left a lot of meat on the bone in terms of interior quality. Also, in terms of seat comfort... it's not even close which is more important to me than the plastic my glove compartment is made of.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry it was a Sport, NOT a Sahara.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Per the rest, I stand by what I said: Broncoā€™s interior is terribly cheap, and for some reason Ford owners canā€™t even see it. Everyone else can.

Bradley

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Per the rest, I stand by what I said: Broncoā€™s interior is terribly cheap, and for some reason Ford owners canā€™t even see it. Everyone else can.
Nah, I've been on this forum long enough to know that you're a Jeep fan boy. My brothers have both owned Jeeps and the one currently owns a Grand Cherokee and loves it. We have a Wrangler Sahara in our garage.... we are not Ford people. In fact we have owned more Jeeps than Fords in my family. This isn't a "Ford" people thing. It's a Jeep fan boy thing. The Jeep interior is "cheap" if you consider the Bronco interior "cheap". You're just blinded by the name on the front of the vehicle. Have a nice day.

Sponsored

KevinC11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Willys, 2023 JT Mojave
Occupation
Gunsmith/EMT
Nah, I've been on this forum long enough to know that you're a Jeep fan boy
Not sure where I read anything that @aldo98229 said that sounded like a fan boy. It is what it is. The JL interior is heads above the 2012-1018 JK, two heads above the 2007-2011 JK, and three heads above the 1997-2005 TJ. I'll stop there. The fit and finish of the JL is just something we "fan boys" only expected from the Grand Cherokee. We are happy it found its way to the Wrangler line.

The Bronco interior is cheap.

KevinC

Bradley

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer
Not sure where I read anything that @aldo98229 said that sounded like a fan boy. It is what it is. The JL interior is heads above the 2012-1018 JK, two heads above the 2007-2011 JK, and three heads above the 1997-2005 TJ. I'll stop there. The fit and finish of the JL is just something we "fan boys" only expected from the Grand Cherokee. We are happy it found its way to the Wrangler line.

The Bronco interior is cheap.

KevinC
Laughing emojis mocking my post for stating something anti-jeep. Please save it.. There are a handful of enthusiasts here, hundreds of casuals, and a handful of fanboys. Just like any other forum. I've seen posts over the last few years by a select few that won't tolerate anything negative towards the Wrangler. I refuse to block people because I believe everyone can contribute value on any given forum.

"The fit and finish of the JL is just something we "fan boys" only expected from the Grand Cherokee. We are happy it found its way to the Wrangler line."

This statement is wildly confusing. I understand you're saying that the Grand Cherokee should have a finer interior since it is catered to a different audience. However, comparing the Grand Cherokee interior to the Wrangler interior and calling them equals is laughable. You're 100% right in that the JL > JK etc etc but that should be expected from any car company when they release a new model and new technology has been developed.

Outside the interior plastic that is used for the lower door panels and footwell areas/glovebox... where else is the Jeep head and shoulders above the Bronco? Granted Ford has timing on their side but I'd argue the steering wheel, screen, and shifter are all nicer. This also doesn't count the seats which are way more comfortable. I gotta believe Jeep will be addressing this in the mid cycle refresh in some way. Jeep is still sporting a white interior for their hardtop. Helps with lighting but looks silly to a lot of people. Also, the dash cluster is far nicer on the Bronco as well as it has an updated screen.

I get why some people would call it cheap at first glance... I really do. But to say it's significantly below a Wrangler in quality is silly. I have both in my garage and drive them both. You need to live and drive in the vehicle for an extended period of time to truly determine quality and comfort.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Nah, I've been on this forum long enough to know that you're a Jeep fan boy. My brothers have both owned Jeeps and the one currently owns a Grand Cherokee and loves it. We have a Wrangler Sahara in our garage.... we are not Ford people. In fact we have owned more Jeeps than Fords in my family. This isn't a "Ford" people thing. It's a Jeep fan boy thing. The Jeep interior is "cheap" if you consider the Bronco interior "cheap". You're just blinded by the name on the front of the vehicle. Have a nice day.
LOL. I donā€™t even know why you spend your time on here. You are the definition of a troll.

Time to hit the ignore button.

Enjoy.

Bradley

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer
I spend my time on here because I am a fan of Wranglers and have had quite a few Jeeps in my lifetime. Iā€™m not a trollā€¦ just a realist. I think if youā€™ll look at my history youā€™ll see that. I am able to take constructive criticism over my passions unlike you who canā€™t bare to read a single thing that doesnā€™t proclaim the wrangler the king of itā€™s segment. Nothing is perfectā€¦ nothing. The history is there. Block away if you canā€™t handle someone with real world experience on a topic you donā€™t agree with šŸ‘ŒšŸ½

Jeep Wrangler JL Sold My Bronco...Back To a Wrangler. 762601BF-3DCA-4C51-9642-555A8F89B60C

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
If you like your Bronco good for you, thatā€™s all that matters.
I buy my Jeeps to be a Jeep and do Jeep things not to do Jeep things yet pretend to be a car. And they are my daily drivers And travelers etc. I likely put more miles on my Jeeps in a year then most People Will in the time they own their Vehicles.
As for the seats, well thatā€™s subjective, what works for you doesnā€™t necessarily work for me. I donā€™t have a problem With the comfort of the Jeep seats while driving cross country ...
Sponsored