• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Tennessee SOLD!!! LSD narrow rear axle complete with brakes

Crawdad1028

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 6 speed with rubi axles, lockers, RCVs, trusses, and 5.13s
Vehicle Showcase

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:
OP
OP
Crawdad1028

Crawdad1028

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Still available.

OP
OP
Crawdad1028

Crawdad1028

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do you still have this and what is your absolute bottom dollar?
Sorry man I just sold it a couple days ago. Updating the post now.

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Insurance ponied up $3900 and the dealer charged me $4700, new, in crate, delivered to dealership, including taxes and 2 year warranty.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

was that with all the brake rotors and axle shafts? @mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
was that with all the brake rotors and axle shafts? @mgroeger
Both front and rear were complete factory axles with 4.10 gears and lockers delivered in Dana/Mopar crates, the only thing that needed to be put in them was the gear oil.
Turns out the rear axle comes with rotors and fully loaded calipers but the front doesn't.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

Both front and rear were complete factory axles with 4.10 gears and lockers delivered in Dana/Mopar crates, the only thing that needed to be put in them was the gear oil.
Turns out the rear axle comes with rotors and fully loaded calipers but the front doesn't.
awesome!! thanks for the reply. this is the route i will be taking my self. cant wait to get the extra cash to order them up!

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
awesome!! thanks for the reply. this is the route i will be taking my self. cant wait to get the extra cash to order them up!
Nice!! You will also need the following...
(2) Mopar wire harnesses to wire the lockers in. They are $75 each.
(1) Mopar AUX switch bank. $299. You need a switch to control the lockers, we tried everything/everywhere and those dashboards are so packed behind the front plastic that there is no place to put a switch. We were not the only ones to discover this, another guy bought the switch pack as well.
(1) Tazer, can go with a Tazer lite if you'd like for $220. You need this to tell the computer your are running 4.10 gears and what size tire you are running. You can get away with switching tires and not telling the computer and only your speedo will be off but you MUST tell it what gears you are running.
(1) Trip to the dealer for around $100 for them to flash the computer to tell it you have the AUX switches. These switches are defined using the factory radio for you to tell the switch how to perform.
(1) Alignment, around $80
(3) Qts fluid to fill the diffs, around $30
Wiring in the AUX switch is a bit of a pain according to my friend who did it.

So on top of the cost of the axles you need to factor in another $900 unless you already have some of the above.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

Nice!! You will also need the following...
(2) Mopar wire harnesses to wire the lockers in. They are $75 each.
(1) Mopar AUX switch bank. $299. You need a switch to control the lockers, we tried everything/everywhere and those dashboards are so packed behind the front plastic that there is no place to put a switch. We were not the only ones to discover this, another guy bought the switch pack as well.
(1) Tazer, can go with a Tazer lite if you'd like for $220. You need this to tell the computer your are running 4.10 gears and what size tire you are running. You can get away with switching tires and not telling the computer and only your speedo will be off but you MUST tell it what gears you are running.
(1) Trip to the dealer for around $100 for them to flash the computer to tell it you have the AUX switches. These switches are defined using the factory radio for you to tell the switch how to perform.
(1) Alignment, around $80
(3) Qts fluid to fill the diffs, around $30
Wiring in the AUX switch is a bit of a pain according to my friend who did it.

So on top of the cost of the axles you need to factor in another $900 unless you already have some of the above.
Great break down.! i will be running the lockers off a S-pod relay system. still working out the details on that though. might not let me but that is ok too. ive already got it in mind to add the aux system if need be. thanks again! anything is better than the limited slip clutch pack failing and blowing out the rear axle seals!

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Great break down.! i will be running the lockers off a S-pod relay system. still working out the details on that though. might not let me but that is ok too. ive already got it in mind to add the aux system if need be. thanks again! anything is better than the limited slip clutch pack failing and blowing out the rear axle seals!
The S-Pod should work fine. We had open diffs so never experienced the LSD, that would suck failing teh way you state. We are headed back to Moab 12/30 for two weeks... this time with lockers :)
Sponsored