Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Isnt that the new business model. Operate at a loss until it works? Didnt amazon do that forever? They just stay afloat off investir money.
Sponsored

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
I will make this my last post here so you can all carry on together.
This is not an airline. We don't need to know when you're departing. Just go. And have a safe trip.

Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2020 Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Texgoat hit the nail on the head! If the OP was not a troll for Carvana, they sure got a good bit of activity off this thread. He or she, intentionally or unintentionally was targeting people with negative feelings with their JL and offering an easy way out. They know exactly what Jeep models they want and they make their money financing the resale. Auto financing is big money!

Glad we can get back on track............tires, lift kits.......beach driving........

Sponsored

wangdiddy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
I love my Jeep rubicon JL! Only issue was the death wobble which freaked me out a little but Jeep fixed it and issue is gone. Now I just need to figure out how to get my gas mpg up, haha. I am avg around 14 mpg.

This really is a pointless post though. haha

UtahDirt

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punk'n Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
This is the most irrelevant, pointless and strangely comedic post I've read in this forums. Ever.

"Hi people I just wanna let you know I had a Jeep but not anymore. Thanks. Bye"
Odd, that’s the first I thought after reading your post, and a few others. Getting triggered because someone sells their Jeep. Go sit in yours and feel better :LOL:

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Hello Jeepers, I just wanted to thank this community for educating me during my very short term ownerships of new JLU Sport S. I bought my Jeep around the covid madness. I have owned 2 other Jeeps but never been into forums. However, I did learn about this forum after buying my JLU and due to multiple things going on in life, we have just started changing our priorities financially speaking like many others. I was just about to upgrade tires and wheels, among other things that make owning a Jeep fun. I'm glad I saved my money and left it stock. I began reading all the issues on this forum and honestly I've never seen a vehicle platform so new with so many issues. I know I will get labeled as a troll or whatever and that's fine. I'm not here to be negative or condescending in anyway towards this community. I wrote this in hopes to help others who want to unload vehicle due to issues, dealership nightmares, etc... .

Due to covid, Carvana like many others need more inventory. I was lucky and blessed to get offered literally what I paid for my Jeep. I could not believe it. I compared to Vroom, Carmax, trade. Vroom offered $3500 less, Carmax even worse, trade even worse. I'm in a fortunate situation where i don't have to make a decision today what I buy to replace Jeep. But they came to my house this morning and drove Jeep around block, signed papers, handed me check. Debt free and plenty left since I had plenty of equity.

I will always love Jeeps, but at this time in my life I just don't NEED one. Take care and if you have any questions about my experience I'd be happy to help.
Interesting. I'm actually in the process of selling my Grand Cherokee to Carvana right now. My experience is similar to yours. They're offering me nearly the same as a private party sale, and are thousands over the other sites. They really must be low on inventory.

I've never sold with them before. They're supposed to come by on Friday. I'd be curious to hear about your experience (good, bad, how thorough are they, do they try to barter, etc).

stevepoz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red JLUR
Texgoat hit the nail on the head! If the OP was not a troll for Carvana, they sure got a good bit of activity off this thread. He or she, intentionally or unintentionally was targeting people with negative feelings with their JL and offering an easy way out. They know exactly what Jeep models they want and they make their money financing the resale. Auto financing is big money!

Glad we can get back on track............tires, lift kits.......beach driving........
Opposite for me - I called Carvana and got a great offer on my Audi. Jeep shopping is next!

FulThrotl

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
sitting in utah for four days waiting for a JL fuel pump, while jeep sends JK pump after being furnished with vin. fuck FCA

ending vacation in utah back country.

getting home, and having service locker message come on, and jeep saying i will have to replace both dana 44's. but they don't have any. or any parts. fuck jeep again.

going to z automotive and buying two modules for $369 to trick the system into allowing me to use the lockers. instead of being able to replace the sensor.

fuck jeep in the ass with a stolen rubber dick dipped in sandy vasline and habanero juice.
are we clear on that?

Sponsored

MightyAndrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
I know everyone is joking in this thread now, but I am actually kind of glad I came across it.

Not because I want to sell a Jeep, but I want to sell my Subaru Forester so I can get into a Jeep. I very well may take this offer which is $2,000 higher than KBB or Vroom, so I may finally be able to join the Jeep wave.

HerJeep

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler 2-door Hellayella Willys (on order)
I’m glad I came across this thread today. My Jeep will be delivered in less than 2 weeks and I was struggling with selling my CRV to a private party or Carmax. Carvana offered 2.7K more than Carmax!! And they come to me. I could have gotten slightly more going private party, but I don’t have to hassle with dealing with strangers and getting scammed.

Jinnjue

First Name
Jinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler jl 2 door Mojito Green
Vehicle Showcase
Then why keep replying? Nice job cherry picking one small piece of my post and leaving out the rest. I know for a fact there are multiple people in the community looking to sell and not take a huge loss without dealing with tire kickers. Just thought I would share.

And to the other poster, yes you are correct. Changing priorities in life. Can easily afford Jeep not that it matters. I was just shocked I got full amount I paid back. Interesting how no one else thinks that's sweet.

Again...I did not post here to criticize others but it sure feels like some are taking it that way.
Bank closes at 5! Better hurry...Seeya

carpie99

First Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Freedom Edition
I couldn't find the details.

Not that I am planning on selling my new 2 month old JLUR but I would love to know:

How much total did you pay for it (not minus some downpayment or trade) and when?
How much did you sell it to Carvana for?
Sponsored