Sold Jeep to Carvana today

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Ok, I stand corrected. I really didn't think you could make a profit doing this. :) If I'm hired as a driver, do I really have to drive a Bronco?
Sponsored

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
In my case I can come out ahead about $2,353 based on my purchase price of $38,200 vs their offer of $44,012. Tax was $2,769 and $200 in fees and temp plate. I have paid about $690 in interest on my loan so far. $41,659 all in.

I am having them come out to inspect, and if this sticks it may end up happening. Since I owe $33k on the loan, putting $11k in my pocket toward another JLUR or something else may work. Plus the aftermarket stuff I have in it that maybe I can get 50% back on (seat covers, headlights, floor mats, etc) wouldn’t bother me.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Regarding the fleet of car haulers, they seem to have distance restrictions. My offer is contingent on my driving my JL 200 miles to their nearest dealer. And maybe they are more focused on transactions than profit at this time. And maybe their pricing algorithm happens to favor no optioned, no mods sports. Who am I to judge?

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
For what it's worth, I did a carvana offer as well (it took them a while, please don't everyone create an artificial surplus of wranglers lol).

I paid mid-$40s plus fees, taxes, etc, etc, etc for my Rubicon and picked it up 9 months ago. The carvana offer this week was $115 lower than I paid for the jeep itself.

I have to admit that is a pretty compelling offer. Unfortunately while it sounds amazing, I'd still be out about $4,000 if I took it. In the grand scheme of things that is still a bargain.

If I really thought the hemi wrangler was coming, I might do it. :)
May want to have them extend your offer ;)

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
I'm still going to go with money laundering. Texgoat, you'll be hearing from the Feds for being an accessory after the the fact. I think there also is a congressional inquiry and a tell-all book from Carvana's lot boy #3.

CivilJeep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Engineer
This is just a guess on my part, but I'm betting they see the current environment as an opportunity to gain market share. I've not purchased anything from Carvana, but I've sold two vehicles to them, and it absolutely could not have been easier to do. They came to my house at the agreed upon time, did not try to nit pick the car or change the price, and I received the notification that the money was being direct deposited before my former vehicle was strapped to the flat bed. The prices on purchases seem higher than one could get if you negotiate, but based on my experience with typical dealers and Carvana, the Carvana premium just might be worth the avoided hassle.
Sponsored