First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Rubicon Snazzberry
Occupation
USN Submariner (ret), IT Analyst/Network Engineer
The OP said he left this thread...I don't believe it. We are all as addicted to this forum as a hooker is to K-Y jelly. The OP will be back..they have to know what's being said. To leave a wonderful group like this...I just couldn't do it! So much advise, joking, and just plain fun on this forum. The sarcasm runs deep here, served fresh daily. It teaches us not to take things so seriously, and quit being such a Hare Krishna loving flower delivering pansy. This thread is bad, but it has not ranked as high as some of the other quintuplet abortions on this forum! And that's why it's so good. There are some things you just have to watch no matter how bad it is. Rocky Horror Picture Show, and Silence of the Hams come to mind. Yes, "Hams"...so awful, but you just gotta' see it. This 14 page thread is not done yet, and everything on the internet is true! Just ask Al Gore, he invented it, and would not lie to us about that...would he?

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
You just wont believe it!

I am so sorry for making fun of OP. I went to Carvana this morning, I didn't even tell my wife I was so embarrassed to admit this posts propaganda left me too curious. I sold my sport S for over MSRP! Then I went to the dealer and bought a JLU, which I sold to Carvana again for over MSRP, then went for a Rubicon with all bells and whistles!!! I am holding for that V8 to come out so I can sell my rubi and get the V8 for free!. This is amazing. Carvana must be a charitable organization for Jeep owners. :involve:

I truly hope FCA keeps coming up with more expensive models so I can keep on climbing!

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
It is possible that they bought a remaining 2018/2019 really really cheap and then sold it for more than they paid for it. Not common I'm sure, but possible. Especially if it was a lightly optioned model.

Edit: Checking the OP's post, they had a sport S. Yeah I could see that. Good luck getting the same with a Rubicon that has $10k in options. :D

Also, carvana will offer more for certain options/trims/colors depending on the demand in the area. Sometimes the amount extra they'll pay makes no sense!

I have heard of people using carvana and vroom and carmax to buy out a lease, where they lucked out and made some money off it.

I'll guess that the amount of people who can sell for as much as they paid are going to be small. Just like the people who get 8+% off invoice. Or the people who lease a new electric car for no money down and $99/month. Sometimes the stars align lol. For me the weird one was when I bought my JK. How can I explain this: I already had a car, and adding the Jeep actually lowered my policy! That was funny lol.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Edit: Checking the OP's post, they had a sport S. Yeah I could see that. Good luck getting the same with a Rubicon that has $10k in options. :D
Yup. As I posted earlier, their offer for my near-mint, near-loaded '20 Rubi was $14,000 below MSRP.
Oh well, I guess I'll just keep it...

Sponsored

Sparky1352

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Recon
The OP said he left this thread...I don't believe it. We are all as addicted to this forum as a hooker is to K-Y jelly. The OP will be back..they have to know what's being said. To leave a wonderful group like this...I just couldn't do it! So much advise, joking, and just plain fun on this forum. The sarcasm runs deep here, served fresh daily. It teaches us not to take things so seriously, and quit being such a Hare Krishna loving flower delivering pansy. This thread is bad, but it has not ranked as high as some of the other quintuplet abortions on this forum! And that's why it's so good. There are some things you just have to watch no matter how bad it is. Rocky Horror Picture Show, and Silence of the Hams come to mind. Yes, "Hams"...so awful, but you just gotta' see it. This 14 page thread is not done yet, and everything on the internet is true! Just ask Al Gore, he invented it, and would not lie to us about that...would he?
OP got himself the old BANNED monicker, so no, he won’t be back unless he creates a second profile. Also, the second thread he created was deleted. You didn’t miss much though; it wasn’t nearly as entertaining as this one. It just validated his woeful attempt to troll the forum.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I plugged in my Carvana info. Basically they offered me $1000 less than what I purchased my 2018 JLUS S, with 14,000 miles on it. Wife said sell it, and buy the one with the V8 Hemi in it. I wish!!!!! At least she is on the right page with me, on the Hemi thing.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup. As I posted earlier, their offer for my near-mint, near-loaded '20 Rubi was $14,000 below MSRP.
Oh well, I guess I'll just keep it...
I think the OP said something like "what I paid for it" not MSRP. Usually when I see people brag about how much they sold their old one for relative to what they paid for it, the original price isn't MSRP and doesn't include the taxes they paid lol.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
I think the OP said something like "what I paid for it" not MSRP. Usually when I see people brag about how much they sold their old one for relative to what they paid for it, the original price isn't MSRP and doesn't include the taxes they paid lol.
Yeah, that offer was $6k below what I paid, then tack on $5k taxes and fees, so I would take an $11k bath if I sold to Carvana.
No matter, as I'm keeping this a looooong time, unless the hybrid blows me away. Love the idea of a V8, but not in a Wrangler. If I really want that rumble, I'll pick up a '66 Chevelle and blame it on a mid-life crisis.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I'm selling/trading my Jeep next month. I hadn't considered Carvana until the OP's post. Out of curiosity I tried their instant offer. Their offer to me was $5K less than what the dealers are offering - and...that's a trade value on a 5% below invoice deal for the new Jeep, so the trade valuation certainly isn't inflated by profits made on the new Jeep deal.

While I'll stop short of saying OP got hosed on this transaction, it likely wasn't a good one.

Sponsored

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No matter, as I'm keeping this a looooong time, unless the hybrid blows me away. Love the idea of a V8, but not in a Wrangler.
We had a hemi 300c once. That car was my favorite car, perhaps making an exception for the jeep lol.

I missed when the V8s sounded different but didn't rip your eardrums at wide open throttle.

The big thing is the torque. Our V6 is good for like what, 260lb-ft? The 5.7L Hemi was good for 390lb-ft! The 392 they're using is probably good for 450-ish!

You'd never need to rev above 2000rpm driving that!

Now, if the hybrid is good: I'd be super tempted. If it had enough range to drive to/from work and never start up the gas engine, that'd be legit. But I think what it actually is, is a 60hp-ish electric motor in the transmission area? If so.. eh... would have to drive one. I bet it still drives pretty nicely.

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Wrong. That was one factor in my decision which I stated. I listed other factors in my decision. But hey, I came here to share my experiences with others, not argue with people I don't know.
Thanks for sharing but what do you think others will gain from your post?

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Mr. TEXGOAT, don't try this, you will loose money. I sure hope my post didn't confuse you. While my Carvana offer is for more than I paid, I was not including tax, title and tags. I expect mine is a somewhat unique situation based on the price increases since I bought mine and the current local market adjustments. Although, you can see the 2 15k payments in the sales contract that allowed me to charge the purchase on my FCA card. The added rewards points probably covered the tax, title and tags, so maybe I'm ahead after all. Anyway, the point of my original post was that this could be a do over for me and I didn't intend to influence anyone to make a bad business decision. :)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sold Jeep to Carvana today 2018 jl purchase

Jeep Wrangler JL Sold Jeep to Carvana today carvana.PNG

flot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU 392
For what it's worth, I did a carvana offer as well (it took them a while, please don't everyone create an artificial surplus of wranglers lol).

I paid mid-$40s plus fees, taxes, etc, etc, etc for my Rubicon and picked it up 9 months ago. The carvana offer this week was $115 lower than I paid for the jeep itself.

I have to admit that is a pretty compelling offer. Unfortunately while it sounds amazing, I'd still be out about $4,000 if I took it. In the grand scheme of things that is still a bargain.

If I really thought the hemi wrangler was coming, I might do it. :)
Sponsored