First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Engineer
I also sold my 2019 JLUS to Carvana a few weeks ago. No joke, they paid me $4,300 over the out the door price I paid for the Jeep new. I really couldn't believe. However, I used the profit to buy myself a 2020 JLUS. Surprisingly, my old Jeep has yet to show up on the Carvana website, but I did notice that every single Wrangler was listed as sale pending. That says a lot.

I stand corrected, its now on Carvana;

https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/1489311
Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Forgot to mention, i have had no issues with my jeep. Just over 14k now. Hopefully wont have any on the new one either.

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Holy snikes how did this thread get to 12 pages in one day?!

OP, thank you for posting. I had no idea Carvana would offer so much. I just checked and can get more than i would ask via PP.
already got the blessing to sell it and order a rubicon.

now comes the “joy” of going back to stock. Fuggg
Awesome for you Steve!

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Awesome for you Steve!
well, hopefully. im building my rig on jeep website right now and its coming to $52k! the wife said she wants payments under $600. that's a $20k down payment :surprised: and thats not even including our awesome 9.5% sales tax OR any additional warranty :swear: it would be about $20k more than i paid for mine.

it might be better just to cough up $5k for some rubi take off axles lol

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
well, hopefully. im building my rig on jeep website right now and its coming to $52k! the wife said she wants payments under $600. that's a $20k down payment :surprised: and thats not even including our awesome 9.5% sales tax OR any additional warranty :swear: it would be about $20k more than i paid for mine.

it might be better just to cough up $5k for some rubi take off axles lol
We should talk then. I may be putting 60's on next year.

Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Reading even a small part of this thread explains a lot.........

omg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
thanks to OP for the tip.

i checked sale price for my other car (toyota) and its offering me 4500 more than dealer for a trade in. i will keep this in mind when i decide to sell in 4 months.

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Are we ok with going back to hating/loving the Bronco now?
No lets get back to the normal sedated conversations on this forum. Like V-6 vs 2.0, or Rubi vs all the rest, or "I've had no problems with my Uconnect"

palumbum

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Renegade Sport
This is odd. I haven't had a single issue with my JL (7k miles), I use the forums to screenshot issues other people have in case that ever happens to me. I feel like most people do this. On the Facebook group there are 100 posts a day of issues, but there are only like 30k people in that page. I mean there are a little under a quarter million sales a year!

LeodaJeep

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
SoCal below Idyllwild mountains S.W. side.
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubican
Occupation
Self Sufficient
Hello Jeepers, I just wanted to thank this community for educating me during my very short term ownerships of new JLU Sport S. I bought my Jeep around the covid madness. I have owned 2 other Jeeps but never been into forums. However, I did learn about this forum after buying my JLU and due to multiple things going on in life, we have just started changing our priorities financially speaking like many others. I was just about to upgrade tires and wheels, among other things that make owning a Jeep fun. I'm glad I saved my money and left it stock. I began reading all the issues on this forum and honestly I've never seen a vehicle platform so new with so many issues. I know I will get labeled as a troll or whatever and that's fine. I'm not here to be negative or condescending in anyway towards this community. I wrote this in hopes to help others who want to unload vehicle due to issues, dealership nightmares, etc... .

Due to covid, Carvana like many others need more inventory. I was lucky and blessed to get offered literally what I paid for my Jeep. I could not believe it. I compared to Vroom, Carmax, trade. Vroom offered $3500 less, Carmax even worse, trade even worse. I'm in a fortunate situation where i don't have to make a decision today what I buy to replace Jeep. But they came to my house this morning and drove Jeep around block, signed papers, handed me check. Debt free and plenty left since I had plenty of equity.

I will always love Jeeps, but at this time in my life I just don't NEED one. Take care and if you have any questions about my experience I'd be happy to help.
Your post looks like a Carvana ad to me. They are the BIGGEST rip-offs of all the corporate buyers that you mentioned! Personally, I don't believe a word you said about what you got and that you got the same as you paid. Only the desperate go to Carvana as they are the loan sharks of the industry. Either you work for Carvana or they paid you to write this ad.
Now to the Jeep issues statements that you spoke of.
1. My 2019 Jeep JL has been perfect is perfect.
2. Every brand has issues...they are machines subject to failure.
3. I also own a 2020 Toyota...they dealership literally paid me $50 to give them a perfect 90 day rating...thus hiding any defect that I may have had to deal with. I had no issues with them but then I didn't with my Jeep either.
4. How much did Carvana pay you or are you employed by their marketing dept.?
5. I will apologize and admit I am wrong when you post your Jeep purchase contract and your buy sheet from Carvana.

Sponsored

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
The KBB private party is not bad considering it was like 38k new after employee discount.

Jeep Wrangler JL Sold Jeep to Carvana today 1596204543892