Sponsored

Sold Jeep to Carvana today

Tellurian

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Wrangler JLUR Ocean Blue (MT); ‘20 Grand Cherokee White; ‘12 Volvo C30 (MT)
Occupation
Analyst
It may be a Carvana ad, but if a few on here that feel like they're over their heads on their JLs can use this to get above water, then who really cares.
I think the majority here aren’t faulting the selling of his JL or sharing his experience in selling it to Carsylvania (sp?).

I think the issue most have is that he essentially walked into our well established Italian owned restaurant and stated upon crossing our threshold that the frozen meatballs he buys are better than our decades long, recipe handed down to each generation, prize winning, fresh meatballs...

Oh, and the marinara?
Jeep Wrangler JL Sold Jeep to Carvana today 1596085850227
Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Welcome to the forum...and goodbye, I guess.

Sorry to hear you had to sell your Jeep. These are difficult times for many households, indeed. But sounds like you got a good handle on your priorities and were able to move on relatively unscathed. That’s key. You can always buy another Jeep when things turn around for the better.

Best of luck. Don’t be a stranger.
This is the correct take.
Changing priorities in life. Can easily afford Jeep not that it matters. I was just shocked I got full amount I paid back. Interesting how no one else thinks that's sweet.
Congrats on that deal. I've often thought about pulling the same exact thing... 100% for financial reasons, just because I could- then turn around and pick up an older/ cheaper rig that would be paid in full. But every time it comes down to it, I can't part with this Jeep. It's my daily right now. Plus My kid loves it. I love it. It's worlds different from my old TJ's, which were fantastic trail rigs, but not so great family rigs. There's only one scenario I can think of that I could actually bring myself to do it, and that's if my buddy's family decided to sell his LJ we worked on for years.. and even then, I don't know if I could do it. While he may be gone, and it would be bittersweet to have his rig, it'd still be his rig.

Good luck.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
One of the OP’s complaints was his doors creaking after reinstalling. I dab white lube on the door hinge bolts before putting them back on. Never creaked and they pull right out every time.
Plus why are some people getting so worked up because the dude sold his Jeep? Who cares? It’s his business.

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
I think the majority here aren’t faulting the selling of his JL or sharing his experience in selling it to Carsylvania (sp?).

I think the issue most have is that he essentially walked into our well established Italian owned restaurant and stated upon crossing our threshold that the frozen meatballs he buys are better than our decades long, recipe handed down to each generation, prize winning, fresh meatballs...

Oh, and the marinara?
Jeep Wrangler JL Sold Jeep to Carvana today 1596085850227
Lol. In his defense, I complain about the marinara at every Italian restaurant I’ve ever been to.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
@RLion, thanks for the info.

I bought my JL in April 2018 for $30,232 before TTT, but also earned (and spent) $3k in FCA card rewards.

My Carvana offer with 19.5k miles on it is for $30,842. I just have to drive it a couple hundred miles to their nearest location.

Getting a do over after 2 yrs and almost 20K miles is very tempting. Not sure what I'd buy different, but could probably wait a couple years until the refresh to replace it since I recently bought a JT.

Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
All the issues you said you had with quality feel or the shifting... it ranges from typical quality for the money to better than average in my experiences. I buy about every two years if not sooner in our 2-3 vehicle household.

The transmission... best damn transmission out there. They’re brutes and the programming is usually excellent in whatever brand vehicle they utilize it in so I find it to be an outlier to hear a complaint.

Hell, I’ll be looking at picking up a Bronco next year and I’ll be comparing the 10 speed auto in it to this 8 speed as it’ll be my first experience with it.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
How could you and I be the only ones not to have problems? Probably because the majority of owners don’t have problems?!

The OP got what he was looking for....trolling and stirring the shit pot.

im going to go have a drink in honor of our Jeeps JL. Cheers!
That entire post was in jest but it’s true my JL hasn’t had an issue. For the record my JK didn’t either and I had that a lot longer. I don’t dismiss those that have issues but for someone to say every JL has issues is blasphemous and quite frankly moronic. The trolls are getting out of hand on here.

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I learned long ago that you don't want to read forums before you decide on a vehicle. They are all scary.
Nah, this one is especially scary.... over 90+ pages in the issues part of the forum in the last 3 years..... I've been over to the tacoma forums and the mk7.5 forums(when I owned a gti) and they are NOTHING like this.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
That entire post was in jest but it’s true my JL hasn’t had an issue. For the record my JK didn’t either and I had that a lot longer. I don’t dismiss those that have issues but for someone to say every JL has issues is blasphemous and quite frankly moronic. The trolls are getting out of hand on here.
@Strommen95

Did you have your JL last Winter in NY? After this coming, Winter in NY, tell us what you think of the front windshield defroster on your JL. :LOL:

ALL JL's 2018-2020 have the same front defroster set-up....

And ... there are TSBs' aimed at / regarding, every JL manufactured...

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
@JEEPIDON

I'll say no more or nor will I get into any discussions regarding what I just stated.
Already stepping on yourself I see.
@Strommen95

Did you have your JL last Winter in NY? After this coming, Winter in NY, tell us what you think of the front windshield defroster on your JL. :LOL:

ALL JL's 2018-2020 have the same front defroster set-up....

And ... there are TSBs' aimed at / regarding, every JL manufactured...
I purchased in March of 2019 and this is my daily driver. My defroster had no problem. Funny how 2018/2019 JLs all have the same steering but not everybody has issues with steering.. I guess when some people have problems everybody must have them too. Solid logic you got.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I may be crazy but I drive a JLUR as a company vehicle and love it. Got it because it’s a lot of fun to drive vs. a regular SUV. The majority on this forum say if you don’t off-road you’re just another mall crawler. I just love driving mine and think sometimes people need to consider that there are other reasons for owning a wrangler. Best summer vehicle with doors and top off, as well as a great vehicle to have when winter throws a bunch of snow around. No other vehicle can do that.
Sure, it's sort of a convertible SUV which doesn't have a real competitor. But again, instead of off road being your priority it is top down driving so you compromise in that direction.

I would argue any of the other convertible sedans are a better daily driver. And any of the AWD convertibles probably even better in modest snow.

I leave it to you to decide if your priority is a topless SUV for winter with enough snow to warrant 4WD and high clearance....
Sponsored