Sponsored

Sold Jeep to Carvana today

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure why everyone is so upset on here. Honestly, he posted that he decided to get rid of his Jeep for whatever reason, and was able to get a good deal by selling to Carvana. To me, that should be welcome news as some people are not fortunate right now and may need to sell . If there is a way to get top dollar, it is awesome that someone gave the info on here. I know I am lucky that my job is pretty much always safe, but I know lot who are not. I will pass this on to anyone I know struggling if they have a vehicle they need to sell in these times.
Sponsored

OP
OP

RLion

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
well you did find out one nice quality of Wranglers, have one of the highest resale values. what did you replace it with??
For sure. I know I'll never get that kinda resale again unless I buy Tacoma or something similar which I'm not interested in. I think Taco's are overpriced for a mid sized truck and i don't want or need a full size truck.

I just sold this morning, so I have not even started looking yet. I'm taking my sweet time because I really do think we are about to see a huge economic collapse and there will be plenty of deals to be had for those willing to be patient. Something fun to drive, sporty.

OP
OP

RLion

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Since you obviously work for Carvana, what would you guys offer me for my 19 JLR 2 door with lots of upgrades? I think I have about $3K in add-ons.
Nice, to be honest they tend to offer less on modifications from what I've seen and been told by others. Not everyone wants same mods. Sooo glad I paid zero in mods before selling. I would have lost money on mods AND sell.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Wrong. That was one factor in my decision which I stated. I listed other factors in my decision. But hey, I came here to share my experiences with others, not argue with people I don't know.
Do you realize that most owners don't have any issues? I bought 2 early 2018 JL's and haven't had any issues. There are many folks on here that have issues after modifications and screwing with the programming by Tazer type devices. Guys that know what they're doing don't have many issues, guys that don't know a screwdriver from a q-tip should not own Jeeps.

Really.....dumping your Jeep because of what you read? Good thing you didn't read anything bad about your significant other.....they would be gone.

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the post... I did check out price for my 18 JLR to see what I could get if I was missing a paycheck.... I only lose 10K from purchase not including 1-2K add-ons.

Now I also looked at purchase of a JTR and it had high miles for 10k more then my trade.

Just looking just like the OP said for information value... give the man a brake and send him a few thousand to his go fund me page.

Wish you and family well in these hard times and hope all goes well and you come back and get another Jeep.

Then why keep replying? Nice job cherry picking one small piece of my post and leaving out the rest. I know for a fact there are multiple people in the community looking to sell and not take a huge loss without dealing with tire kickers. Just thought I would share.

And to the other poster, yes you are correct. Changing priorities in life. Can easily afford Jeep not that it matters. I was just shocked I got full amount I paid back. Interesting how no one else thinks that's sweet.

Again...I did not post here to criticize others but it sure feels like some are taking it that way.

Sponsored

Deleted member 53226

I'm taking my sweet time because I really do think we are about to see a huge economic collapse and there will be plenty of deals to be had for those willing to be patient. Something fun to drive, sporty.
Honestly, all jokes aside pal, please stop being so tone deaf. Do you not realize how loathsome it is to be banking on an economic collapse (when so many are hurting already) just so you can save a few bucks on whatever hunk of metal you are eyeing now for "something fun to drive". Maybe if you are "patient" enough, the dealership may go bankrupt and have to sell you your dream vehicle for pennies on the dollar at a fire sale. Oh, man, wouldn't that be sweet? Your patience would have paid off big time!

Come on man. Just stop.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Do you realize that most owners don't have any issues? I bought 2 early 2018 JL's and haven't had any issues. There are many folks on here that have issues after modifications and screwing with the programming by Tazer type devices. Guys that know what they're doing don't have many issues, guys that don't know a screwdriver from a q-tip should not own Jeeps.

Really.....dumping your Jeep because of what you read? Good thing you didn't read anything bad about your significant other.....they would be gone.
@JEEPIDON

You are dreaming if you actaully think "most owners don't have any issues"... Absolutely, Laughable to think/believe that.

Reality is there has not been a JL built that doesn't have an issue. It's as simple as that.

Anyone that says they have had no issue with their JL is clueless, lets say, plain and simple

I'll say no more or nor will I get into any discussions regarding what I just stated.

Tellurian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wait... @RLion, did you become a member today at 11:22am EST just so that you could post about selling your Jeep and the wonderful service you got from Carvana?

Seems like a whole lot of work for something you got nothing out of. If you weren’t a member when owning the Jeep, why are you now a member after selling it? Not condemning you for deciding to sell, I don’t care what you decided to do with the Jeep.

This thread seems useless and is equivalent to a guy knocking on my door in order to tell me he bought the house next door but didn’t move anything into it and has been watching me from the bushes but he now wants to tell me that he sold the house and has a great realtor. Yeesh.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
1. Jeeps have tons of issues. So many that you'll sell your Jeep because of the issues but strangely yours didn't have any. You're even a repeat owner and this was never a concern until reading forums(which strangely you joined today, not while reading about the issues.. If it helped convince you to sell your Jeep as implied obviously this didn't all happen today.)

2. Your JL was "cheaper" than your JKs. Quite honestly you're the only former JK owner that's ever said those words.

3. You magically got exactly what you paid for on a brand new vehicle from Carvana. Let me guess there was no haggling despite it facing it's greatest depreciation period and they even went down on their knees to kiss your ass prior to picking up the Jeep at your home at your convenience?

Anybody with a half a brain can see this is an expert troll.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
About Carvana ............... IF you haven't seen one of Carvana's, vehicle vending machines you are missing out... cool as chitt they are...

Sponsored

OP
OP

RLion

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S

You are just like the other few who stuttered the same lame comment. My guess is you never read my initial post because you were too lazy and just went by some other posters ignorant comment. Read my entire post and don't cherry pick what you feel like.

Some here are like the damn media, they take one thing I said and conveniently omit the rest. Couldn't care less about wrenching the Jeep. You just proved me right. Due to the crap quality, you need to carry tools with you at all times.

Jeep catches fire due to incompetent engineering with FCA and owners say....no big deal. Thousands of posts about horrible steering and owners say...It's a Jeep thing city boy.
I could keep going, shall I just copy and paste the entire issues section?? Please do compare the one here vs. any other respectable brand, it's not close.

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
@JEEPIDON

You are dreaming if you actaully think "most owners don't have any issues"... Absolutely, Laughable to think/believe that.

Reality is there has not been a JL built that doesn't have an issue. It's as simple as that.

Anyone that says they have had no issue with their JL is clueless, lets say, plain and simple

I'll say no more or nor will I get into any discussions regarding what I just stated.
I didn’t have any issues....until my first issue. Making good use of my warranty.

Ill still defend it as one of my favorite vehicles I’ve ever owned.

My most trouble free vehicle was my 2010 Camaro SS. Not that anyone asked lol.

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
After five pages, I feel the intent of your post is obvious. But just because I have a tendency to be an idiot- I’ll make a note of my thoughts:

You sold the vehicle because you needed to get your financial house in order. To that, I commend you. Many people miss this directive and I like to see that some take stock in what is important.

That said, you should have stopped it at that. Your 100% rating falls flat when you mention it is also based on the potential issues and how you’ve never seen a vehicle like that. Dude. Google literally any vehicle. I guarantee that the other vehicle you own has the same results. I can tell you I have owned just under 40 new vehicles in my life and all had something listed in historical record- but only about 1/3 actually had anything wrong in my ownership. It’s a man made machine.

I could go on, but that would be yelling at clouds. I certainly wish you the best moving forward. These times are hard. Just maybe stick with the lead next time and don’t roll into internet drivel. Youll find your support will be there much easier.

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
You are just like the other few who stuttered the same lame comment. My guess is you never read my initial post because you were too lazy and just went by some other posters ignorant comment. Read my entire post and don't cherry pick what you feel like.

Some here are like the damn media, they take one thing I said and conveniently omit the rest. Couldn't care less about wrenching the Jeep. You just proved me right. Due to the crap quality, you need to carry tools with you at all times.

Jeep catches fire due to incompetent engineering with FCA and owners say....no big deal. Thousands of posts about horrible steering and owners say...It's a Jeep thing city boy.
I could keep going, shall I just copy and paste the entire issues section?? Please do compare the one here vs. any other respectable brand, it's not close.
now we’re getting carried away.

OP
OP

RLion

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Wait... @RLion, did you become a member today at 11:22am EST just so that you could post about selling your Jeep and the wonderful service you got from Carvana?

Seems like a whole lot of work for something you got nothing out of. If you weren’t a member when owning the Jeep, why are you now a member after selling it? Not condemning you for deciding to sell, I don’t care what you decided to do with the Jeep.

This thread seems useless and is equivalent to a guy knocking on my door in order to tell me he bought the house next door but didn’t move anything into it and has been watching me from the bushes but he now wants to tell me that he sold the house and has a great realtor. Yeesh.
Was not a member. Guess i should/could have been but wasn't. Oh well. Just trying to show others options for selling because I was reading plenty on this forum, just did not join.

Take it how you want.
Sponsored