RLion

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
I learned long ago that you don't want to read forums before you decide on a vehicle. They are all scary.
You are probably correct. However, after getting on some other forums I will say considering the JL has only been around since 2018, the issues section is way longer and more concerning than most I've seen. Am i expecting perfect? Heck no. Like I said, that was one decision. Honestly had I not been offered what I did I most likely would have held on to Jeep.

I will say I am disappointed in FCA quality and I'm not sure how others wouldn't agree with that statement. I expect more from a vehicle in this price range and you should too.
Sponsored

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
You are probably correct. However, after getting on some other forums I will say considering the JL has only been around since 2018, the issues section is way longer and more concerning than most I've seen. Am i expecting perfect? Heck no. Like I said, that was one decision. Honestly had I not been offered what I did I most likely would have held on to Jeep.

I will say I am disappointed in FCA quality and I'm not sure how others wouldn't agree with that statement. I expect more from a vehicle in this price range and you should too.
What problems did you have?

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Hello Jeepers, I just wanted to thank this community for educating me during my very short term ownerships of new JLU Sport S. I bought my Jeep around the covid madness. I have owned 2 other Jeeps but never been into forums. However, I did learn about this forum after buying my JLU and due to multiple things going on in life, we have just started changing our priorities financially speaking like many others. I was just about to upgrade tires and wheels, among other things that make owning a Jeep fun. I'm glad I saved my money and left it stock. I began reading all the issues on this forum and honestly I've never seen a vehicle platform so new with so many issues. I know I will get labeled as a troll or whatever and that's fine. I'm not here to be negative or condescending in anyway towards this community. I wrote this in hopes to help others who want to unload vehicle due to issues, dealership nightmares, etc... .

Due to covid, Carvana like many others need more inventory. I was lucky and blessed to get offered literally what I paid for my Jeep. I could not believe it. I compared to Vroom, Carmax, trade. Vroom offered $3500 less, Carmax even worse, trade even worse. I'm in a fortunate situation where i don't have to make a decision today what I buy to replace Jeep. But they came to my house this morning and drove Jeep around block, signed papers, handed me check. Debt free and plenty left since I had plenty of equity.

I will always love Jeeps, but at this time in my life I just don't NEED one. Take care and if you have any questions about my experience I'd be happy to help.
I dont blame you for selling it, for what you paid, especially with the lingering thought of issues hanging over your head(The Sword of Damocles). I have had mine for approx 2 yrs, and new issues are starting to pop up. Some possibly long term issues. But, I don't have financial issues to worry about, and I have a truck to drive when(not if) the JL goes into the shop.
BTW, what vehicle have you decided to go with, in place.of the Jeep??

Sponsored

OP
OP

RLion

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
What problems did you have?
No real problems, didn't have it long enough to be honest. Just feels cheap, so many areas. Liked my JK more which is nuts. Felt like the build quality was better with jk. Now, was the JL "nicer looking"? Sure. Doors creaking after putting back on, thin paint, batteries absolutely suck, soft top latches are cheap and dealership does not care, seat latches feel like they will break touching them, transmission gear hunts horribly going down hill, I'm sure I can think of more. Some might say it's a Jeep thing. BS. Then don't charge 35-60k.

That's with very very little driving. People will always pay more because doors and top come off and you can take off road. Do I think Bronco will be way better? Not necessarily but I do think Ford will force FCA to step up quality and I do think Ford studied Jeep and will improve on many cheap items. I'm sorry, but the expectations should be higher for the price tag. Just how I feel.

I certainly will not say never again. Hell, I've bought 3. But I will say I won't buy another JLU unless quality gets better.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
No real problems, didn't have it long enough to be honest. Just feels cheap, so many areas. Liked my JK more which is nuts.
You said it yourself. It is indeed nuts. :LOL:

P.S. the seat latches are horrible in the 2 door. I do give you that one. But they weren't any better in the JK. Everything else is B.S.. the softop is manufactured by besttop, and it is the best soft top jeep has ever had.

OP
OP

RLion

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Wild that Carvana didn’t feel the same way and gave you back what you paid for it.
Well, Jeeps have great resale value...for now. I absolutely believe when the Bronco arrives the resale values of Jeeps will fall. And like I said, the guy at Carvana told me they have very limited stock and are paying top dollar right now. He said the other day they gave a guy over 14k for a Tacoma with over 200k. I'm sure if not for covid, I would have been offered 3-4k less. Not complaining.

Deleted member 53226

. . . Can easily afford Jeep not that it matters . . .
You know, I see so many posts where this little gem is always slipped in somehow, somewhere. What's the point of saying this other than to rather bluntly remind everyone (or console oneself) that you have some money. It adds nothing to whatever discussion you are having on a Jeep forum. Honestly, who cares whether you lease your Jeep, sweat the payments, or can write a check for 10 jeeps.

We all get it dude. You're a rich guy who doesn't need to worry about it, so you sell your new vehicle because you were bored that day and read a bad review which made you worry that alternator might go out in a few years.

Oh, and the reason Carvana and other used car dealers have low inventory is because the present massive amount of layoffs and economic uncertainty have forced a lot of folks needing a vehicle to now buy it used so they might save a few dollars for rent and food. So demand for new vehicles and high mark up is a little low right now. But we are all glad you are able to benefit from the situation by getting such a great price from Carvana. Awesome, now run along.

Jeep Wrangler JL Sold Jeep to Carvana today 1596058323047

Sponsored

OP
OP

RLion

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
You said it yourself. It is indeed nuts. :LOL:

P.S. the seat latches are horrible in the 2 door. I do give you that one. But they weren't any better in the JK. Everything else is B.S.. the softop is manufactured by besttop, and it is the best soft top jeep has ever had.
Nice job. You mad? Sure seems like it. This thread was for those contemplating selling which obviously isn't you and that's great. You are free to have your opinion regarding quality just as I am.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Nice job. You mad? Sure seems like it. This thread was for those contemplating selling which obviously isn't you and that's great. You are free to have your opinion regarding quality just as I am.
Not mad. Agreed. But the JK is pure crap compared to the JL. Sorry not sorry.

JeeperJP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara 4xe
Well, Jeeps have great resale value...for now. I absolutely believe when the Bronco arrives the resale values of Jeeps will fall. And like I said, the guy at Carvana told me they have very limited stock and are paying top dollar right now. He said the other day they gave a guy over 14k for a Tacoma with over 200k. I'm sure if not for covid, I would have been offered 3-4k less. Not complaining.
Weird, I checked carvana on a 2020 Sahara and they offered with a “market” adjustment of -$8,000 lol. That was a little over a week ago.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Weird, I checked carvana on a 2020 Sahara and they offered with a “market” adjustment of -$8,000 lol. That was a little over a week ago.
Something smells fishy here.
Sponsored