Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
  • Banned
Hello Jeepers, I just wanted to thank this community for educating me during my very short term ownerships of new JLU Sport S. I bought my Jeep around the covid madness. I have owned 2 other Jeeps but never been into forums. However, I did learn about this forum after buying my JLU and due to multiple things going on in life, we have just started changing our priorities financially speaking like many others. I was just about to upgrade tires and wheels, among other things that make owning a Jeep fun. I'm glad I saved my money and left it stock. I began reading all the issues on this forum and honestly I've never seen a vehicle platform so new with so many issues. I know I will get labeled as a troll or whatever and that's fine. I'm not here to be negative or condescending in anyway towards this community. I wrote this in hopes to help others who want to unload vehicle due to issues, dealership nightmares, etc... .

Due to covid, Carvana like many others need more inventory. I was lucky and blessed to get offered literally what I paid for my Jeep. I could not believe it. I compared to Vroom, Carmax, trade. Vroom offered $3500 less, Carmax even worse, trade even worse. I'm in a fortunate situation where i don't have to make a decision today what I buy to replace Jeep. But they came to my house this morning and drove Jeep around block, signed papers, handed me check. Debt free and plenty left since I had plenty of equity.

I will always love Jeeps, but at this time in my life I just don't NEED one. Take care and if you have any questions about my experience I'd be happy to help.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to the forum...and goodbye, I guess.

Sorry to hear you had to sell your Jeep. These are difficult times for many households, indeed. But sounds like you got a good handle on your priorities and were able to move on relatively unscathed. That’s key. You can always buy another Jeep when things turn around for the better.

Best of luck. Don’t be a stranger.

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
Welcome to the forum...and goodbye, I guess.

Sorry to hear you had to sell your Jeep. These are difficult times for many households, indeed. But sounds like you got a good handle on your priorities and were able to move on relatively unscathed. That’s key. You can always buy another Jeep when things turn around for the better.

Best of luck. Don’t be a stranger.
re-read his post. He sold it because he read Jeep JLs have terrible reliability.

Sponsored

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Clearly hasn't spent much time on forums. Every forum for every vehicle is full of people posting issues. That's typically where people go to ask for help. They don't usually show up and post a new thread titled "no problems today".

Glad carvana worked out.

OP
OP

RLion

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
  • Banned
re-read his post. He sold it because he read Jeep JLs have terrible reliability.
Wrong. That was one factor in my decision which I stated. I listed other factors in my decision. But hey, I came here to share my experiences with others, not argue with people I don't know.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Since you are leaving, I do not expect an answer, but did you actually have any issues with your Jeep or just what you read? If the former, all new vehicle series have their fair share of bugs and Jeep is not different. If the latter, well, no advice for how to stop being a lemming.

Sponsored

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
All vehicles have issues/reliability issues etc.... they just are not as broadcasted like the Jeep community (love them or leave them) does. I do believe that this forum is VERY well meaning and extremely helpful. I would like to know of another forum that is half way as good as this JL forum is as far as knowledge and information. And, not sure why he's posted this but my suspicion is that he did not want a Jeep in the first place, hardships aside. Anyway, sorry to see you leave, and never say never. You may one day be back.....

OP
OP

RLion

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
This is the most irrelevant, useless and strangely comedic post I've read in this forums. Ever.
Then why keep replying? Nice job cherry picking one small piece of my post and leaving out the rest. I know for a fact there are multiple people in the community looking to sell and not take a huge loss without dealing with tire kickers. Just thought I would share.

And to the other poster, yes you are correct. Changing priorities in life. Can easily afford Jeep not that it matters. I was just shocked I got full amount I paid back. Interesting how no one else thinks that's sweet.

Again...I did not post here to criticize others but it sure feels like some are taking it that way.

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
Wrong. That was one factor in my decision which I stated. I listed other factors in my decision. But hey, I came here to share my experiences with others, not argue with people I don't know.
I was just about to upgrade tires and wheels, among other things that make owning a Jeep fun. I'm glad I saved my money and left it stock. I began reading all the issues on this forum and honestly I've never seen a vehicle platform so new with so many issues. I know I will get labeled as a troll or whatever and that's fine. I'm not here to be negative or condescending in anyway towards this community. I wrote this in hopes to help others who want to unload vehicle due to issues, dealership nightmares, etc... .
Seems like the main factor in your OP, but glad you were able to make an easy sale. Best of luck - at least the resale value didn't suck :)

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Then why keep replying? Nice job cherry picking one small piece of my post and leaving out the rest. I know for a fact there are multiple people in the community looking to sell and not take a huge loss without dealing with tire kickers. Just thought I would share.

And to the other poster, yes you are correct. Changing priorities in life. Can easily afford Jeep not that it matters. I was just shocked I got full amount I paid back. Interesting how no one else thinks that's sweet.

Again...I did not post here to criticize others but it sure feels like some are taking it that way.
Good to know the JL is holding value like past generations.
Sponsored