Sold Jeep to Carvana today

carpie99

First Name
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Freedom Edition
I couldn't find the details.

Not that I am planning on selling my new 2 month old JLUR but I would love to know:

How much total did you pay for it (not minus some downpayment or trade) and when?
How much did you sell it to Carvana for?

Advertisement

Strommen95

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito Sport S JLU
Odd, that’s the first I thought after reading your post, and a few others. Getting triggered because someone sells their Jeep. Go sit in yours and feel better :LOL:
Hey RLion. Good to see ya back so soon ;)

Hip2u77

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine: '14 JKUR, Hers: '18 JLUR
I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's sad to see how much his forum has turned into the Pirate 4x4 of Jeep forums. You know, where insulting is the "in" thing to do. The guy sold his JL and reported he had a good experience using Carvana to do it. So what? Some of you are too easily offended if anyone does anything besides praise the JL.

We've had 3 JKURs and an JLUR. I drive our '14 JKUR every day instead of the '18 JLUR. Why? I like it better. Sure, the JL has some features, and the 8-speed, that I wish my JK had, but regardless, I'm perfectly fine with someone not sharing that opinion and see no reason to insult them for it.

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
Friday I just sold my 2015 Jeep Cherokee to Carvana, it took all of 5 minutes. This was so enjoyable I recommend them. I also bought a 2019 JLR, so still at three jeeps. Woot!

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Friday I just sold my 2015 Jeep Cherokee to Carvana, it took all of 5 minutes. This was so enjoyable I recommend them. I also bought a 2019 JLR, so still at three jeeps. Woot!
Did they pick it up or did you go to them?

TXRubicon

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '18 Porsche 718 Cayman
It is interesting though tracking resale prices through Carvana. They follow the wholesale market index real-time and it’s a great tool for that. I’ve been tracking my vehicle (‘18 JLUR now with 14k miles on it) since the 12 month mark (only for data points) and it was 35.5k at its lowest last fall, 36.5k in Feb and now almost $45k. I paid $49.2 with an original MSRP of $55.5k.

We’re now within 4k of what I paid before TT&L, after 24 months. That’s really solid and if there was anything else I’d rather be driving I’d be in the phone to Carvana today. What would they retail this for? $48-$49k?

Three friends have dumped their cars to Carvana in the last week because of the ease of process and the used car market being on fire right now.

8EFF2F86-A554-4984-B1B0-DA4484C46307.jpeg

TEXGOAT

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I drove past the dealer where I bought my JLU last March. I saw one JT and one Wrangler on the lot. At the time I bought mine, they had about a dozen Wranglers, about half a dozen JTs, and a couple of used Wranglers on the lot. The Wrangler row is now occupied by Ram pickups.

carpie99

First Name
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Freedom Edition
to only lose $8K in 3.5 years is amazing ... I'd be thrilled at that information

Hilaryl1983

First Name
Hilary
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ocean blue Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon
Decided to see if this was legit, this is my offer for my 2020 rubicon with sky one touch. Fully loaded. And have only had 3 months as well. I paid $54k for it with the sticker being $61k. From my prospective it’s a load of nonsense, carvana is even lower than average trade in value according to even themselves! Average trade in you can see in green at bottom if attached screen shot. Not that I would ever trade my rubi in. I love the truck. It is by far the most fun Vehicle I have ever driven. It is also incredibly comfortable. Every vehicle brand has issues, to expect none is crazy. I have owned no less than 15 brand new cars also, all of which eventually had some flaw. Truthfully I don’t have any yet driving my rubi. That might also be because I love driving it so much, they’re overlooked- but either way, I haven’t noticed any!
76D318BD-62D5-41D0-95AD-C3CEE8C850BA.png

TXRubicon

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '18 Porsche 718 Cayman
lol how is your 2020 worth less than my 2018?

Decided to see if this was legit, this is my offer for my 2020 rubicon with sky one touch. Fully loaded. And have only had 3 months as well. I paid $54k for it with the sticker being $61k. From my prospective it’s a load of nonsense, carvana is even lower than average trade in value according to even themselves! Average trade in you can see in green at bottom if attached screen shot. Not that I would ever trade my rubi in. I love the truck. It is by far the most fun Vehicle I have ever driven. It is also incredibly comfortable. Every vehicle brand has issues, to expect none is crazy. I have owned no less than 15 brand new cars also, all of which eventually had some flaw. Truthfully I don’t have any yet driving my rubi. That might also be because I love driving it so much, they’re overlooked- but either way, I haven’t noticed any!

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
OK, Carvana is paying more for used Jeeps than new Jeep Wranglers cost. That's cool! Let's all sell our Jeeps to Carvana, then take our profits and buy new Jeeps, drive them for a few weeks, then sell them to Carvana for neat profits, and do it over and over and over! New, high-end Jeeps every two weeks... We'll soon all be quite rich and able to commission cool custom mods for our Jeeps and hire people to go out and buy more Jeeps for us to sell to Carvana at a nice profit and eventually we'll form an LLP corporation and buy out Google and Microsoft and Fecebook and SHUT THOSE EVIL SUCKERS DOWN FOR GOOD!
Love this post... TEXGOAT you are my hero

Advertisement

Gibson Leatherworks

Advertisement