• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Sold: North Carolina SOLD Ace Engineering Frame Mounted Rock Rails

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Set of Ace Engineering frame mounted rock rails for a FOUR door Wrangler JL. They have served us very well and actually saved us from tipping once. Very solid and mount to the frame and NOT the pinch seem. They are not beat up and from the top look perfect. This is the only rail I know that you can actually leave the Rubicon rock rail in place and this will go around it.
The under side has normal wear and tear scratches from off roading. The rust you see is on the scratches and is completely superficial and can be easily touched up, ACE recommends bed liner spray paint touch up.
They list for $535 new plus shipping (around $65) so here is your chance to pick up some used ones for much less. Asking $300.

https://aceengineeringandfab.com/products/jl-rock-sliders-4-door

IMG_2943.jpg
IMG_2944.jpg
IMG_2945.jpg
IMG_2946.jpg
IMG_2947.jpg
IMG_2948.jpg
IMG_2949.jpg
IMG_2950.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ragincajun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR - Willy the Heep
Hmmm....
Willing to ship? I may be interested. Need to read up on them more.

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmm....
Willing to ship? I may be interested. Need to read up on them more.
I am willing to ship but my guess is it will be VERY expensive. I would need to find boxes that will fit them and then the cost of shipping and that will all be your dime :)
They are really beefy.

JLUinNC

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I am interested. I will let you know later in the week (if you haven’t sold them)
I’m right in Chapel Hill and can pick up.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Nice. I got a guy in Louisiana toss the idea around but that will be a PITA to get them there. Keep me posted, as of now they are still for sale.

setaonaes

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Manufacturing Manager
Mind if I ask why you sold these? Your recommendation on the step/rail thread is why I started looking at these for my rig. TIA

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Mind if I ask why you sold these? Your recommendation on the step/rail thread is why I started looking at these for my rig. TIA
Sure... my wife... lol. Those rails saved us twice from damage, one time from literally tipping over. For this build on my wife's Jeep (3.5" lift with 37s) she wanted a sleeker look on the sides and went with factory Rubi rock rails. I still think the Ace rails are great and serve as both a nice step to get in and out as well as a great rail that can take a hit.

setaonaes

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Manufacturing Manager
Thanks for the feedback! I’m almost 100% on pulling the trigger and buying a set. I want a clean, functional step/rail and keep the Rubi rails.

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the feedback! I’m almost 100% on pulling the trigger and buying a set. I want a clean, functional step/rail and keep the Rubi rails.
Then these would fit your need well.

TurqJeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I'm assuming these got sold a while back. But I'm in Durham and would be happy to pick up if still available. Thanks! - whoops, editing this because I see the thread title says SOLD. My bad.
Sponsored