Sponsored

Software update

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
Yesterday the software update kept coming up on my unconnect I didn’t do it cause I was working and in and out of the Jeep all day. When I got home it wouldn’t come up anymore. How to I access it again through the menus? Also I keep the Jeep off during it correct?
Thanks a lot. I was googling it and I kept getting using a usb drive vs over the air.
Sponsored

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
I thought it presented an option to schedule the install? I suppose you could have taken advantage of that. I would think it will prompt for an update again at some point, but I do not know for certain unfortunately.

The OTA update bricked my radio, and it is in the dealership waiting for a new radio to be delivered so it can be replaced.

MntsRcalln

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2011 Dodge Ram Bighorn, 1990 Totoya 4x4 Mod
Mine popped up and I scheduled it for later that night. I guess it did it, everything works.

ML7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I did mine during the day, it took about 30 min and was in and out of the rig no interruptions except the screen had the updating progress on it while driving, everything worked normally.

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
anyone notice anything new or different in the update or is it just a "software optimization" kinda of update ?

Sponsored

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
My altitude and gps coordinates are working on my off road pages. We'll see if they keep working

OP
OP

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so no one knows how to get to it again. i didn't want to schedule it if I was working all day. it said to keep the jeep off while updating.

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Don't know how to access it manually, but I waited a while to update mine and it gave me the prompt every time I turned the Jeep on or off. Keep driving and see if it gives you the prompt again.

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
anyone notice anything new or different in the update or is it just a "software optimization" kinda of update ?
Wondered the same thing. I can't tell anything that's different.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
My altitude and gps coordinates are working on my off road pages. We'll see if they keep working
l haven’t received an update as of yet. I am also in Florida but north of you. Do you know the pecking order for update? Vin or year or state etc. thanks

Sponsored

5foot19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
so no one knows how to get to it again. i didn't want to schedule it if I was working all day. it said to keep the jeep off while updating.
I had to move the jeep unexpectedly while it was updating and had no issues. Sure, the radio didnt work, and when I put it in reverse, the backup camera didnt show the lines. I deem those as extras, and didnt mind that they didn't work while the update processed.

OP
OP

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It finally came up after getting in and out of it 10 times today so far. I scheduled it for late tonight.

RubyRecon

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
My off-road pages GPS, altitude and MPH have been working spotty. I just installed a Tazzer so I thought that was it. The GPS works in Nav. I removed the Tazzer and I took it to the dealer and they say an update will come over the air in MAY.
Are you guys getting updates now?

OP
OP

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine finished the other day. I see no differences. The mph difference. Can u explain? The digital vs tac?

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
My off-road pages GPS, altitude and MPH have been working spotty. I just installed a Tazzer so I thought that was it. The GPS works in Nav. I removed the Tazzer and I took it to the dealer and they say an update will come over the air in MAY.
Are you guys getting updates now?
This is the continual lie they tell you, to shut you up. I think law suits are the answer. I don’t mean class action. Everyone that is involved with the charade should be named in the filing. Go big. It’s on your side. I’ve been told this several times for different release of OTA which did not happen.
Sponsored