First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Mine has the recall as well. 2021 JLR 3.6 auto with advanced safety, purchased off the lot in Oct 2020.

Jeep Wrangler JL Software Update Recall -- "2021 JL Advanced Brake Assist" [Code Y09] recall1

When you click on the recall, it's not listed under a safety recall, but a campaign

Jeep Wrangler JL Software Update Recall -- "2021 JL Advanced Brake Assist" [Code Y09] recall2

and here's how they explain the difference

Jeep Wrangler JL Software Update Recall -- "2021 JL Advanced Brake Assist" [Code Y09] recall4
Sponsored

OP
OP
Buckzona

Buckzona

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLU
Mine has the recall as well. 2021 JLR 3.6 auto with advanced safety, purchased off the lot in Oct 2020.

Jeep Wrangler JL Software Update Recall -- "2021 JL Advanced Brake Assist" [Code Y09] recall4

When you click on the recall, it's not listed under a safety recall, but a campaign

It's odd how yesterday I could pull up the specific info on the recall but today I can't. It's list under a campaign, but it was described more like a safety issue (to assist in braking if an immediate stop was needed and the driver did not apply enough brake pressure). Maybe just splitting hairs, but I'll ask more questions when I take it to the dealership Monday.

Xsspd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S

Awesome thanks. If it's not a recall they can still sell it to me. Just got to wait on a truck to bring it from the train to the dealership.

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
My diesel Rubicon is still in the shop waiting on parts (35+ days now). Speaking to the Jeep Wave/Cares case manager on Wednesday she informed me of the recall. She offered to ensure the dealer completed the work while my Jeep was already in.

OP
OP
Buckzona

Buckzona

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLU
My diesel Rubicon is still in the shop waiting on parts (35+ days now). Speaking to the Jeep Wave/Cares case manager on Wednesday she informed me of the recall. She offered to ensure the dealer completed the work while my Jeep was already in.
Wow...35 days!? That's crazy. I hope they are providing you with a loaner! I talked to an FCA recall rep today about the advance braking recall and was told it's just a non-urgent software update and not doing it right away has no safety impacts, so I'm waiting until my next regular service. I asked if the braking update could impact any other software and the rep didn't know. Hoping not, as I've seen some posts in this forum about computer and software problems which are very bothersome. My JLUR is running great at this time, so keeping fingers crossed! Good luck getting your Jeep back and working properly!

Sponsored

MadMaxJLUR

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Granite Grey Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Oh no, wonder if we will have the same issues of productions cars to the Middle East, got my JLUR in Feb 2021 but the production was Oct 2020.

I don’t have that app feature so will check with my local dealer once I take it back for its first service at 5K.

thanks for sharing

corbyfine

First Name
Corby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Sahara - Billet Silver
I have a 21 Sahara - took in last week to do a windshield repair and it had just showed up on the dealer system. I never received a notice but they did the update for me there.

mackh4x0r

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I sure hope this is for automatics only. I already waited through the clutch plate computer update. Not ready for another month wait when I ordered a Jeep in December I haven't seen yet.
DECEMBER?! I ordered my manual Jan 19th and got it Mar 12th!

LastFrontier1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR Sarge Green
No campagin/recall yet on my 2021 JLR Auto (DEC 2020 Production). I do not have the advanced safety option either.

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I have a 21 Sahara - took in last week to do a windshield repair and it had just showed up on the dealer system. I never received a notice but they did the update for me there.
The owner letters haven't started mailing yet.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

jbozz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
CUSTOMER SATISFACTION NOTIFICATION Advanced Brake Assist Dear [Name], At FCA US LLC, we recognize that the success of our business depends on the satisfaction of our customers. We are constantly monitoring the quality of our products and looking for opportunities to improve our vehicles even after they are sold. Because your long-term satisfaction is important to us, we are contacting you on important improvements we would like to make to your vehicle [1] . This will be done at no charge to you. We are recommending the following improvements be performed on certain [2021 Model Year (JL) Jeep Wrangler] vehicles equipped with Advanced Brake Assist. WHY DOES MY VEHICLE NEED REPAIRS? The brake system module on your vehicle may contain a software error causing it to not provide additional braking during a harsh braking event if the driver provides insufficient braking. In normal advanced brake assist operation, if the driver is braking hard, the software applies additional brake pressure when it calculates the driver has not provided enough. HOW DO I RESOLVE THIS CUSTOMER SATISFACTION NOTIFICATION? FCA US will repair your vehicle free of charge (parts and labor). To do this, your dealer will reprogram the Antilock Brake System (ABS) module to restore advanced brake assist functionality. The estimated repair time is thirty minutes. In addition, your dealer will require your vehicle for proper check-in, preparation, and check-out during your visit, which may require more time. Your time is important to us, so we recommend that you schedule a service appointment to minimize your inconvenience. Please bring this letter with you to your dealership. TO SCHEDULE YOUR FREE REPAIR, CALL YOUR CHRYSLER, DODGE, JEEP OR RAM DEALER TODAY WHAT IF I ALREADY PAID TO HAVE THIS REPAIR COMPLETED? If you have already experienced this specific condition and have paid to have it repaired, you may visit www.fcarecallreimbursement.com to submit your reimbursement request online. [2] Once we receive and verify the required documents, reimbursement will be sent to you within 60 days. If you have had previous repairs performed and/or already received reimbursement, you may still need to have the repair performed. We apologize for any inconvenience, but are sincerely concerned about your satisfaction. Thank you for your attention to this important matter. Customer Assistance/Field Operations FCA US LLC

YTBlue

First Name
YT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys Edition
I don't see any campaign or recall yet. 2021 JLRU, loaded, with adv. safety group. (Built last week of January '21.)
Received the notice of 2021 JL Advanced Brake Assist on Jeep app, called my local dealer's service shop, which knew nothing about it. Called the next closest dealer, a much larger dealership, and they scheduled me right in. Had the work performed today. It took 30 minutes from checking in to getting my 2021 JLU Willys back. In addition to the reprogramming, they set the tire pressure and calibrated the brake pedal. Glad they did, because the brake pedal is SO MUCH better now. Very happy with my first dealer service experience. BTW, the Jeep app now shows that the recall work has been completed.

Last edited:

RobAmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 3.0L Turbo Diesel Rubicon
My dealer called me for the recall. They are doing it tomorrow. Should only take 20 minutes. We shall see :)
Sponsored