Sponsored

Softest riding coil springs

Synergy vs EVO vs Other (softest riding)

• Total voters

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
With the clicks maxing out at 27.25 I would think you’ll be fine with single rates. Are you running any of MCs shock mounts?

E4CB9421-F3EF-4231-A60E-13EC6D8CF6AC.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
BoHunt

BoHunt

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150 King Ranch
With the clicks maxing out at 27.25 I would think you’ll be fine with single rates. Are you running any of MCs shock mounts?

E4CB9421-F3EF-4231-A60E-13EC6D8CF6AC.jpeg
No shock mounts, just the shocks

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
I have the 3.5” MC springs right now which are similar to the RK and they are great, I’m just looking for something a little softer. I have SDI Eclik shocks which help with load after I adjust them so I’m not as worried about extra gear or hauling.
See, that's the kind of comment I don't understand, help with load makes me think weight, when the shocks help with damping.

If you’re referring to the shocks, yes they are amazing
I was trying to be funny.

OP
OP
BoHunt

BoHunt

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150 King Ranch
@JEEP4U @AcesandEights
Although I agree that most of the time the shock is the biggest factor in ride quality, that’s not true for my case since my shocks have a large range of adjustability. The reason I want a lighter spring rate than what I have now is when I took the doors off my jeep I noticed that it rode a lot smoother than with them on, especially when going over speed bumps and whatnot. And I believe that since my jeep was lighter, it slightly changed the spring rate to lighter (since the MC springs are dual rate). This is all in theory of course, but I believe a lighter spring rate overall is what I’m looking for wether I’d be a progressive or linear spring.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BoHunt

BoHunt

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150 King Ranch
See, that's the kind of comment I don't understand, help with load makes me think weight, when the shocks help with damping.

With my shocks, I’m able to make them so stiff that it helps hold the weight of what I’m hauling. For instance, last weekend I pulled a 4 seater Polaris Ranger on a 16 foot trailer and the Jeep barely sagged once I stiffened the shocks up. In contrast, I tried to haul something of the similar when I had the same lift with monotube shocks and my wheels were slightly rubbing on my fenders from it being weight down so much.

Basically my whole reason for wanting a softer spring is that I feel like the MC springs I have now don’t pair well with my shocks when I soften them all the way. Their just too stiff to let them perform

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
I would suggest if the shocks can hold any of the weight of a trailer and rig, your springs are not too stiff, but obviously you have experience with your rig and I do not.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
May want to add some bump stop if you’re scrubbing under load.

Regardless of what your shocks can do, I don’t think I’d lighten up springs if your squatting to bump when towing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BoHunt

BoHunt

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150 King Ranch
May want to add some bump stop if your scrubbing under load.

Regardless of what your shocks can do, I don’t think I’d lighten up springs if your squatting to bump When towing.
I don’t have that issue anymore. I was saying that my new shocks helped with that issue

OP
OP
BoHunt

BoHunt

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150 King Ranch
Ass in seat experience, synergy springs are the softest I’ve rode on, with Dynatrac as a close second…….
Thanks for the input!
Sponsored