First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh
For softness I hear great things about the Rancho adjustable shocks. I'd second the recommendation to drop air pressure. If you look up the tire load charts, most of us are way above what's necessary to safely support the weight of a Jeep.
I second this. Get some Rancho RS9000Xl adjustable shocks.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
can anyone say how Falcon shocks figure in here?
Trail Recon guy was very positive about the ride of adjustable Falcon shocks, IIRC.
I have only ever heard of Falcons being stiffer, even after the adjustment prior to install. Take every thing that guy says with an ounce of skepticism, he is paid and sponsored for clicks.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Do you go to the Jeep Meet at Douglas Jeep in Vince, I try to. IIRC 2nd Sat in the month, Jeeps, donuts, good turn out.
I may do that! In fact, I believe an old Army buddy of mine works there!

Bmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2012 JK, 2011 WK2 5.7
Rancho9000 shocks are a decent low-cost option. The only problem with the Ranchos, as mentioned, is the adjustment dial corroding and locking in place at the current setting if it's not sealed up well and kept clean from wet and/or salty roads.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Every time I see a Gladiator go by I do a double take. I really like how they look.

I’ve driven JT twice, but I can’t say I care how it rides. The rear suspension does this weird thing that I don’t like. Feels like a long, deep bottoming out of the suspension whenever you drive over certain types of roads.

Other pickups do it, too. My brother’s GMC Canyon does it as well. I think it had to do with the combination of a long wheelbase and relatively soft rear springs.

So I just go back to my JLU. It rides better IMO; more evenly. Especially now with the Mopar lift.

Old Jeeper

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
Every time I see a Gladiator go by I do a double take. I really like how they look.

I’ve driven JT twice, but I can’t say I care how it rides. The rear suspension does this weird thing that I don’t like. Feels like a long, deep bottoming out of the suspension whenever you drive over certain types of roads.

Other pickups do it, too. My brother’s GMC Canyon does it as well. I think it had to do with the combination of a long wheelbase and relatively soft rear springs.

So I just go back to my JLU. It rides better IMO; more evenly. Especially now with the Mopar lift.
My wife is on JTR number 2 and SHE LOVES IT and this is from a gal who has been a lifelong Caddy Esclade and MB SLs and SUVs driver. She says its the best car she has ever had.

Wife
Jeep Wrangler JL Softening the ride for daily driving IMG_4960.JPG
LOVES this, her second one.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
My wife is on JTR number 2 and SHE LOVES IT and this is from a gal who has been a lifelong Caddy Esclade and MB SLs and SUVs driver. She says its the best car she has ever had.

Wife
IMG_4960.JPG
LOVES this, her second one.
I’m not taking anything away from JT.

I think it has more to do with having grown accustomed to Wranglers. I just love how the suspension feels.

The steering, on the other hand...

Old Jeeper

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
I’m not taking anything away from JT.

I think it has more to do with having grown accustomed to Wranglers. I just love how the suspension feels.

The steering, on the other hand...
I drive from time to time, it does not feel like a Jeep to me, but it does not feel like anything else. It will roll. She drove from San Antonio to Naples FL Jeep was LOADED and pulling a 6x12 ft trailer LOADED, almost 6000 lbs and she rolling at 65 mph.

Dking36

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2021 Unlimited Sport S
I went from Rubi red shocks to the JT Gladiator Rubicon oem Fox shocks. The ride is a whole lot softer, maybe even too soft for some.
Do the OEM Gladiator Fox shocks fit a wrangler JL Sport?? I see people selling them a lot as take offs. I read somewhere that the rear Gladiator shocks would not fit the rear Wrangler JL unlimited Sport. Is that true?

Sponsored

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
Gladiator rear shocks do not fit the Wrangler.

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
Do the OEM Gladiator Fox shocks fit a wrangler JL Sport?? I see people selling them a lot as take offs. I read somewhere that the rear Gladiator shocks would not fit the rear Wrangler JL unlimited Sport. Is that true?
Yes true, you have to buy the front shocks upper mounts from your Jeep parts counter to replace the rear shocks top mounts, or use your front shocks top bushings and then its plug and play..

Dking36

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think you understood wrong. I installed JT Rubicon FOX shocks on my JL and it rides incredibly soft compared to the Rubicon red shocks.
did the rear shocks from the Gladiator fit the rear wrangler JL? Or was there need for adjustments?? I am wanting a plusher ride in my Wrangler JL because it’s my daily driver and I need help on what’s best to do. If Gladiator fox shocks fit my wrangler JL- that’s what I want to do!

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
did the rear shocks from the Gladiator fit the rear wrangler JL? Or was there need for adjustments?? I am wanting a plusher ride in my Wrangler JL because it’s my daily driver and I need help on what’s best to do. If Gladiator fox shocks fit my wrangler JL- that’s what I want to do!
See my first reply post #57 and I can’t imagine a plusher ride. It rocks and floats like an 80s Cadillac. I totally love it, but some might find it too soft. But, they don’t bottom out and get stiffer on rough terrain.

Dking36

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes true, you have to buy the front shocks upper mounts from your Jeep parts counter to replace the rear shocks top mounts, or use your front shocks top bushings and then its plug and play..
thanks. I will have to figure this out because this sounds like the most cost effective way. I see people nearly giving these away. But I am not exactly sure how to do what you just said. Lol.
Sponsored