Soft top wont lock on one side - Sunrider or Closed Positions

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport s unlimited;2020 Rubicon Unlimited
I am putting the soft top on for the season. Got everything in place and now the soft top wont lock on the drivers side. This is when trying to put it in the sunrider or fully closed position.

Is there a way to adjust the tension to get it to lock?
Sponsored

Last edited:

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
I could never get either side of mine to lock. I just use the velcro straps to hold it down. Fairly certain its a pretty common issue.

OP
OP
Redbaron73

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport s unlimited;2020 Rubicon Unlimited
I worded this wrong.

THe problem was when in SUNRIDER position or full "CLOSED". The passenger side would not lock.

It had worked prior to storage last year. I ended up pushing it hard, and it locked into place. Now it works normal. Maybe it just got finicky being left hanging for the winter.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
I worded this wrong.

THe problem was when in SUNRIDER position or full "CLOSED". The passenger side would not lock.

It had worked prior to storage last year. I ended up pushing it hard, and it locked into place. Now it works normal. Maybe it just got finicky being left hanging for the winter.
Glad you got it working. Sometimes when first installed (or put back on) it will need to be cycled up with a bit of authority to click, then should return to working normally. Reach out if you have any other issues.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Sponsored