Soft top wont fit, please suggest

MoD

First Name
Monty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep sahara unlimited 4dr
specially rear, top of tail gate short by an inch on both sides (brand new out of the box)
Sponsored

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
specially rear, top of tail gate short by an inch on both sides (brand new out of the box)
try unhooking the windshield (but leave it closed) so you can do the rear windows. Then turn the Jeep on and run the heater full blast to warm everything up. After 15 min or so, latch the windshield. It’ll be a bugger the first time, but it’ll stretch. It’ll go much easier each subsequent time you remove and reinstall.
also, it helps of its a warm sunny day.

OP
OP
MoD

MoD

First Name
Monty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
try unhooking the windshield (but leave it closed) so you can do the rear windows. Then turn the Jeep on and run the heater full blast to warm everything up. After 15 min or so, latch the windshield. It’ll be a bugger the first time, but it’ll stretch. It’ll go much easier each subsequent time you remove and reinstall.
also, it helps of its a warm sunny day.
Thanks .. I will..
It was my first post, brand new to the forum
High Hopes now..

BrassMan

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
It took me a lot of muscle and my Jeep in the garage with the heater on high for me to get the front latches and rear window on. After you get it on that first time though you should be good to go. Make sure your all your windows are seated up as high as they can go in the corners. One of mine was an inch too low and was giving me problems until I figured it out.

OP
OP
MoD

MoD

First Name
Monty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It took me a lot of muscle and my Jeep in the garage with the heater on high for me to get the front latches and rear window on. After you get it on that first time though you should be good to go. Make sure your all your windows are seated up as high as they can go in the corners. One of mine was an inch too low and was giving me problems until I figured it out.
Thanks, quite a bit of muscle, almost was worried of ripping it.. lol, the rear window is short by an inch both sides.. have clipped one side, waiting for a warm day and heater on .... thanks again..

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Is it above freezing yet up north?