Golfshrink

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, ‘07 Toyota FJ Cruiser & 1968 IH Scout 800
Vehicle Showcase
Does the premium soft top come with tinted windows or is it a factory option that has to be selected when ordering? I don’t see it listed on the code guide. TIA.
Sponsored

JustAJeepn

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I ordered the dual top group and the premium soft top came with tinted windows.

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
I'm pretty sure the premium only comes with tinted windows. And I think the only way you can get non tinted windows is on a very base sport, I think even the S upgrades to tinted. This is what i have ascertained after looking at buying a soft top ;)

OP
OP
Golfshrink

Golfshrink

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, ‘07 Toyota FJ Cruiser & 1968 IH Scout 800
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info. I was starting to assume that the premium soft top had the tinted windows standard but wasn’t positive. Glad to know others have that impression as well.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
Hmmmm. Mine came tinted, it’s a 2020 Willys and I thought it was an added option that was standard on that model. I met someone with a 2018 JL Sport, he had a premium sunrider soft top and he didn’t have tinted windows. He commented how much he liked mine.

Sponsored

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
Interesting - the builder on the site right now shows that only the base sport doesn't have tinted windows standard - although it is an option. But, you can't get the premium top on the base S - therefore the premium top only comes tinted. Although, looking at quadratec's website, they offer the premium top with clear windows - maybe in 2018 you could get the premium top on a base, or maybe the guy you met bought the soft top after the fact?

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
Interesting - the builder on the site right now shows that only the base sport doesn't have tinted windows standard - although it is an option. But, you can't get the premium top on the base S - therefore the premium top only comes tinted. Although, looking at quadratec's website, they offer the premium top with clear windows - maybe in 2018 you could get the premium top on a base, or maybe the guy you met bought the soft top after the fact?
Oh! The guy must have had the base model. He had manual locks and windows. That’s right, I didn’t think about that. So he didn’t have the premium sunrider then.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

i havent looked at the website in a while but you can get tinted windows for the base soft top. i dont believe the base sport can get the premium soft top, only the Sport S.

here is where you can purchase tinted windows for the standard sailcloth top. the photo shows a premium but its for standard top
https://www.justforjeeps.com/jl-wrangler-4-door-tinted-replacement-windows.html

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

i thought ive seen people selling premium tops in the marketplace with clear windows. could have sworn they exist

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
i thought ive seen people selling premium tops in the marketplace with clear windows. could have sworn they exist
Yes, you can buy it from quadratec, but don't seem to be able to order on a brand new wrangler.
Sponsored