Soft Top Window Storage Bag 1/3 the cost of Mopar and more fuctional

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
My JLU Sahara came with no soft top just the hard-top, so I found a member here on the forum with a Soft Top for sale and just purchased it. Now I am in Washington and will not even install the soft top until next April/May. Storing the top and frame itself is easy on the wall of the Garage, however the windows are a bigger challenge. In many of the popular Jeep part sites/stores they only obvious option was the Mopar window bag at $170 which is way overpriced for a canvas bag and even then with the windows stored in it it is too big to fit in the back of the Jeep.

After looking at other options like various JK bags I found this on on Amazon for $49, I figured what the hell I will give it a try.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001OMRK4M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

61Vj3NmaKEL._SL1500_.jpg

The bag arrived and I was impressed with the quality and the size assuming the windows fit, actually fits like a glove in the cargo area of the JLU.

Below are pictures of the windows in the bag:

1st Side window
Windows%201_zps7gvsdqvo.jpg

Second side window
windows%202_zpsvazz9lzz.jpg

For the back window I removed the bottom bar and then Used a light weight packing blanket rolled up with a couple straps, and since the window was too long I used the rolled up blanket for support so I could fold the back window without it creasing.

Windows%204_zpsqoua7unq.jpg

Window%203-5_zpsvu9jh73x.jpg

Here it is all windows stored in the bag, as you can see it fits perfectly in the cargo area or can be hung or stood up

Windows%205_zpsajeua1zl.jpg

Windows%206_zpsuxsy8ej8.jpg

I also installed the Slipstream cargo security system and the bag fits perfectly

Slip%203_zps03d7lk5c.jpg

slip%2011_zps4jkcbep6.jpg

There is even room left over for other items like a Bikini top or ???
Sponsored

Last edited:

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Cool find, but you’re mistaken that the MOPAR one doesn’t fit in the back.

I got mine free (part of compensation for waiting 6 months for my order) and think it’s perfect.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/mopar-soft-top-window-bag-review.13235/
It does not fit cross wise as the Mopar is designed for the back window to be laid out flat and that window is wider then the cargo area. Why this is such a good fit for me I also just ordered the Diabolical slipstream Secure cargo area trunk system so having a window storage solution that fits that cargo space perfectly allows me to keep it locked up while traveling. the Mopar does not fit in any of the security boxes. All though you could still fold the back window in the Mopar bag and then fold the bag to fit.

img_3444_c36385d9-0163-4c14-871e-98e6240d75a1_480x480.jpg

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
It does not fit cross wise as the Mopar is designed for the back window to be laid out flat and that window is wider then the cargo area. Why this is such a good fit for me I also just ordered the Diabolical slipstream Secure cargo area trunk system so having a window storage solution that fits that cargo space perfectly allows me to keep it locked up while traveling. the Mopar does not fit in any of the security boxes. All though you could still fold the back window in the Mopar bag and then fold the bag to fit.

img_3444_c36385d9-0163-4c14-871e-98e6240d75a1_480x480.jpg
Not sure where you got that info. It fits across the back, and the only “folding” that happens is with the pillars. In other words, no folding of the window. See picture, below.

Anyway, you found a great bag for the $$ and that’s all that matters.

218D5CA0-0524-4073-9463-0270BF26308E.jpeg

CanadianJeepGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Hey sorry to bring up an old thread @lightsout but I’m just wondering how that soft top storage bag is holding up. Specifically the rear window being folded in half. I want to do something similar but I am worried about bending the top bead, it feels rather stiff.

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Hey sorry to bring up an old thread @lightsout but I’m just wondering how that soft top storage bag is holding up. Specifically the rear window being folded in half. I want to do something similar but I am worried about bending the top bead, it feels rather stiff.
It is a total non issue, bag is great my windows are always off except if I suspect rain then on and off. I store in the slipstream at all times
Sponsored