Sponsored

Soft Top window blowing out

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Blue
Interesting when I bought my Jeep a year ago I don’t recall multiple options. It’s the factory premium top.
I just heard from my service rep at my dealership and she seems to be getting run around from Warranty people
I was actually talking about the sailcloth vs. twill.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Blue
Interesting when I bought my Jeep a year ago I don’t recall multiple options. It’s the factory premium top.
I just heard from my service rep at my dealership and she seems to be getting run around from Warranty people
So Jeep Cares has it under Warranty and parts ordered.

Sponsored

Mishka75

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4 door Jeep Sahara
Write a review on the dealerships google page and give them a negative feed back. Make sure to tag JeepUSA and JeepCanada. Buyer Beware.And mention the horrible heachache and hassle you are going through in December. My dealership covered mine because of my post. Following that I started blasting Jeep in any social media posts to have this serious issue addressed or recalled. @Jeep @JeepCanada have still done nothing about it. I have had many people contact me or share/ reshape my posts. I’m not a bitch but it seems to be the only way I could bring attention to this matter.

So still without a rear window. Attempted to order part through MOPAR.com. Sent wrong part which I returned since they couldn’t find the part on their system. Now have a warranty claim through my dealership for over 2 weeks. Dealership tells me it may or may not be covered which is why they have no answer yet. Anyone have any advice. December is not the time of year to drive around with no windows

Mishka75

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4 door Jeep Sahara
Write a review on the dealerships google page and give them a negative feed back. Make sure to tag JeepUSA and JeepCanada. Buyer Beware.And mention the horrible heachache and hassle you are going through in December. My dealership covered mine because of my post. Following that I started blasting Jeep in any social media posts to have this serious issue addressed or recalled. @Jeep @JeepCanada have still done nothing about it. I have had many people contact me or share/ reshape my posts. I’m not a bitch but it seems to be the only way I could bring attention to this matter.
Good luck! Keep us posted.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
I have the premium soft top and can’t imagine the windows blowing out. I have a 2 door. Since all the windows slide into a rod attached to the top, are the rods breaking off causing the windows to fly off? Or are the windows sliding off the rods?

Mishka75

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4 door Jeep Sahara
I have the premium soft top and can’t imagine the windows blowing out. I have a 2 door. Since all the windows slide into a rod attached to the top, are the rods breaking off causing the windows to fly off? Or are the windows sliding off the rods?
Hi Jennalee,

I bought the dual roof package with my fully my loaded jeep. I have the premium roof too.
This is my 3rd Jeep. I have been driving Jeeps since I have been 19 and now 44 years old. I am no stranger to installing windows. The canvas tops on Jeeps stretch and wear out over time and usually have to be replaced every 4 years approx. depending on where you live and weather conditions. All previous roofs have been reinforced with zippers. So should they peel or loosen due to wind, weather or old age they were double secured with the zippers to hold them in.
The new C rode is a terrible design and a safety hazard. When my window blew out on the highway it first of all terrified me because on the sound it made and second of all almost caused a major accident behind me. The cars were swerving on the highway behind me trying to avoid the window. I am so lucky that there wasn’t a motorcyclist behind me or that my kids/dog were in the car.
I believe these roofs need to be recalled or have a safety featured added to them to secure the roof better.
Many, many roofs windows blow out weekly so I’m told from Jeep. Unfortunately, it sounds like there needs to be a tragedy before they recall them. Sadly, I think it will happen at some point in the future to some un expecting Jeep owner. Awful. Shame on @Jeep and @JeepCanada
I won’t use my soft top anymore as it feel like I’m driving a loaded gun. I could never live with myself knowing that I caused an accident or worse! I know there’s an issue with these windows.
The way the new design collapses down is amazing and so easy to put back up. It’s the windows that are a big problem.
Anyone who has problems with their window should contact their dealership and @Jeep and @jeepusa and report it. Also leave many reviews.

Good luck! I hope you never experience what I did.

Michelle

modeler

First Name
d
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
So in short, without read full thread, what I should do ? 2020 four door sports dual top.
Now I am running no top now.
And What conditiona it get blow away, windows down or one side Bimini?

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Recall V88 2018-2020 Rear Quarter Windows
Jeep just resolved the problem, you will get a card to put in your glove box telling you how to intall the vertical portion of the soft top. Problem solved.

Cookie Monster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLURT
Vehicle Showcase
I just got the card in the mail, so I decided to fully inspect my soft top windows which just went on a few days ago. And I think I found a problem. The driver's side window is not seated as well in the top channel. This is the same window that blew out last summer. So the replacement is the one with the issue.

Bad Drivers:
IMG_2181.jpeg

Good Passengers:
IMG_2176.jpeg

I had folded the sunder portion back to get these pictures.

Cookie Monster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLURT
Vehicle Showcase
I just got the card in the mail, so I decided to fully inspect my soft top windows which just went on a few days ago. And I think I found a problem. The driver's side window is not seated as well in the top channel. This is the same window that blew out last summer. So the replacement is the one with the issue.

Bad Drivers:
IMG_2181.jpeg

Good Passengers:
IMG_2176.jpeg

I had folded the sunder portion back to get these pictures.
So i pulled both windows out to compare the top channel. You can see the driver's side expands towards the end.

IMG_2185.jpeg

JayDav

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara JL
On the highway today and the rear driver side premium soft top window blew out and hit the highway. It was run over of course. Top up and windows down, Speed was 65 I know all the flaps were tucked and the channel threaded properly as it took the tapered tip with it. At least with a zipper it would stay with the Jeep. Anyone else have issues with the window not staying in-place? A full line of Velcro on the top might be better than just the small patch.
I
Sponsored