Sponsored

Soft Top Will Not Fully Extend in the Rear...

CarterJLU

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Softop
...on my 2018 JLU so now I can't attach my rear windows. Been messing with this for two days now. Arghhh! It's like one of the bars in the folding mechanism is not extending completely and preventing full coverage in the rear. So frustrating.
Sponsored

Hotspots

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sport S 2-Door
...on my 2018 JLU so now I can't attach my rear windows. Been messing with this for two days now. Arghhh! It's like one of the bars in the folding mechanism is not extending completely and preventing full coverage in the rear. So frustrating.
Mind taking a few pictures for us? It may be easier to try to help if we can see what's going on. :)

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
If you release the front flip back section, will that give you enough slack to do the back ? If so, the front can be easier to pull closed than the back panels. ?

OP
OP

CarterJLU

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Softop
If you release the front flip back section, will that give you enough slack to do the back ? If so, the front can be easier to pull closed than the back panels. ?
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll see if that makes a difference.

I've had no issues in the past with uninstalling/reinstalling the softop. But this time it was a down right pain in the ass to install it back when I saw the rain coming in. It took me almost an hour to install it because the bolt holes would not line up and it was a very tight fit. It's a 2018 and I bought it used. It might just be time for a new top...
Sponsored