Sponsored

Soft Top - Stream of water when opening door during rain?

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
There is a steady stream of water on the upper corner of the door that gets everything wet when getting into the vehicle, including you. Was wondering if anyone else with a soft top has this issue? It's like the water gutter on the top isn't long enough and needs to go a bit more forward and curve down. Or perhaps my gutters are f'd....
I think if you park with the front end parked on top of something, like a Camry, the water will flow backward. I plan on keeping a Camry in my driveway just for this purpose. As far as on-the-go, Camry's are pretty easy to find wherever you park, be that at work, at the mall, many trailheads with paved parking, abandoned deep in the woods, streambeds, almost anywhere...

vonbek

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I think if you park with the front end parked on top of something, like a Camry, the water will flow backward. I plan on keeping a Camry in my driveway just for this purpose. As far as on-the-go, Camry's are pretty easy to find wherever you park, be that at work, at the mall, many trailheads with paved parking, abandoned deep in the woods, streambeds, almost anywhere...
:cwl::cwl:

RedFeater

First Name
Altug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara 2019 ,manual, 4 door ,3.6l
In true Jeep fashion, the correct answer is "it's a Jeep thing".
Of course up until they fix it on a later model year, then it will just be a 1st year bug that was supposed to leak in 2018, but not 2019.
Its stil same with 2019 I am just wondering 2”leveling kid will help ??

Sponsored

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Dab of silicone, shape with ice. It will drain between the doors if you are level parked.

2935310B-2050-48AC-BDAB-7E34A3317894.jpeg

B7EE756A-FC87-4B24-AC08-500C513E996C.jpeg

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Keep the tires on the driver's side at 50 psi and passenger at 25. All water will flow to the right.

FireWire

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram EcoDiesel, Polaris RZR900, 2018 JL Sport S
Carry a set of ramps in the back to park on. You may already have a set if you do your own oil change..
Or, buy a Mopar lift kit and only install on the front.

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I know this is a very knowledgeable group and the ideas so far are ingenious.

But, you guys are missing the obvious. Just take the top off and the gutter won't run water into you. Simple. This is why I make the big bucks.

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
My answer is to do nothing at all about this issue. When it's raining, just get out quickly and get a little wet. If you are not a robust enough guy/gal to handle it, then a Jeep is not for you.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
carry a straw with you and blow out the channel before getting in. If you're getting out in the rain then slam your brakes before getting out
They should have put a metal straw in the toolkit that came with the JL LOL

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Okay, so, I’ve given this quite a bit of thought.

There is good in this issue actually. Im sure many of you know the basic survival requirements. The main one in my mind is water or fluid intake. After all, we can only (by the book) survive 3-5 days without fluids.

That being said, I plan on using that portion of my Jeep for hydration purposes during a bug-out situation. There will be no need for a cup now in my bug-out bag either!

So, it lightens your bug-out bag AND provides hydration after rain fall during an apocalypse in which you had to use your JL to escape.

I swear these JL Wranglers are freakn’ amazing!!

shoregrrrl

First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
You JEEPers kill me! Seriously, you can find gutter extensions on Amazon but 1) they are only for the hardtops and 2) according to the reviews they don’t adhere properly. Like it or lump it, I guess!
Sponsored