Soft top storage in Winter

thejill

First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I bought my JLUR with the dual top group. What does everyone do with their softop when they are not using it? Is there a bag or some short of rack/shelving? I'd like to somehow possibly hang it on my garage wall. Thanks!
Sponsored

Neanderthalman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
My soft top arrived in a box, and the top itself was in a kinda crappy vinyl wrapper with Velcro straps. It works alright for winter storage. I just lean it agains the wall of the garage.

I’ve seen soft top ‘boots’ that are intended to cover the soft top while folded on the Jeep. They may work for storage.

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
I just got a couple harbor freight "hang all" wall hooks and wrapped an old blanket around the top before I tossed it up there.

Jeep Wrangler JL Soft top storage in Winter IMG_20200806_104439-01

Jeep Wrangler JL Soft top storage in Winter IMG_20200806_104500-01

Maybe I'll figure out something that looks nicer sometime after I paint the garage walls...no ETA on that

AirportDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUXR, 2018 GC Trailhawk Hemi
Occupation
Aeronautics Professional

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
I have a pair of fairly deep brackets to hang it on. I strap the mechanism together and place a blanket around the material to protect it.

Sponsored

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
I bought my JLUR with the dual top group. What does everyone do with their softop when they are not using it? Is there a bag or some short of rack/shelving? I'd like to somehow possibly hang it on my garage wall. Thanks!
Isn't there an Floridian entrepreneur interested in running a swap "wrangler roof" service between the Northern and Southern states?

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
I throw it on my hard top Harken Hoist

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Jill, only because it still amazes me, even though you asked about soft top storage, as posted in the thread @AirportDave refers to above, this guy's (the amazing Jeff Scherb) son stores his hard top.....

under his bed....

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/hardtop-summer-storage.44894/post-988854

Sponsored

sdebol

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Sahara
I just got a couple harbor freight "hang all" wall hooks and wrapped an old blanket around the top before I tossed it up there.

Jeep Wrangler JL Soft top storage in Winter EF453D84-2941-4593-8127-688AB217DFE5

Jeep Wrangler JL Soft top storage in Winter EF453D84-2941-4593-8127-688AB217DFE5

Maybe I'll figure out something that looks nicer sometime after I paint the garage walls...no ETA on that
This is exactly what I do too.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Jill:

A thought...anybody telling you that the soft and hard tops can remain on the JL concurrently is incorrect.

The JK, perhaps a different story. The following is the only part of the Soft Top that FCA gives its "blessing" to remain attached to the JL when the hard top is on.

Sponsored