Sponsored

Soft top security

WVUBrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Rubicon
Can someone easily break into a soft top wrangler that is locked without intentionally damaging the soft top to get in? Or are these things pretty secure? Obviously they aren't as secure as a hard top but I'm curious if anyone with the new soft top has had any security issues.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Mukluk

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Not trying to sound snarky but if you don’t want it stolen don’t leave it in the Jeep. That’s said I had an under seat lock box in my JKU. Other than that I just made sure to leave nothing in there that I minded losing. On nice days I also just left the windows down and I never bothered to lock it.

My buddy had a TJ with half doors and they just bent the soft windows down and opened up the jeep.

Anyhow, my .02.

Edit- should be noted that I never had anything taken from my Jeep.

Appgirl96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 JLU
Can someone easily break into a soft top wrangler that is locked without intentionally damaging the soft top to get in? Or are these things pretty secure? Obviously they aren't as secure as a hard top but I'm curious if anyone with the new soft top has had any security issues.

Thanks!
The ONLY reason I have a hard top. My JL is a daily driver, so security is an issue. We take my hubbys JK soft top on leisure trips.

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
The ONLY reason I have a hard top. My JL is a daily driver, so security is an issue. We take my hubbys JK soft top on leisure trips.
If anyone wants anything from your hard top they will just smash the window.

I know that sounds childish, but really, people in most cities won't even look up at the sound of glass smashing.

OP
OP

WVUBrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Rubicon
I guess I should rephrase the question.

Can you slide the windows out on the new soft top without even unlocking the jeep?

Shamus13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 98 TJ
I guess I should rephrase the question.

Can you slide the windows out on the new soft top without even unlocking the jeep?
Yes. But criminals won't take the time. It's called Smash & Grab for a reason. Soft tops / Convertibles are Cut & Grab.
I've never had an issue. Don't leave anything visible that would be of interest, I don't even lock the doors a lot of the time.
Sponsored