Soft Top Repair?

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
So I changed the skin on my soft top recently, and during the process some of the support fabric began to tear.

Jeep Wrangler JL Soft Top Repair? IMG20220405124926

Any ideas on potential repair? Leaning towards some method of sewing in a fabric patch, but hoping not to remove the top to do it. Worst case I'll check it every so often to make sure it doesn't get worse, but it definitely has had an impact in the amount of road noise I get.
Sponsored

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Are you still under warranty? That may be something that would be covered unless they somehow prove you operated the top incorrectly.

if you do need to get it fixed, a shop that works on convertible tops or boat tops should be able to help.

OP
OP
JP29

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Are you still under warranty? That may be something that would be covered unless they somehow prove you operated the top incorrectly.

if you do need to get it fixed, a shop that works on convertible tops or boat tops should be able to help.
Still under warranty, but since I was the one who removed the sailcloth skin and then installed the tan twill, I think they'd probably refuse to cover it, and be well within their rights. That's a good thought on a convertible repair shop though, I'll keep that in my back pocket.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Any ideas on potential repair?
An upholsterer can fix that. Pick one that does more auto business than furniture.

Sponsored