Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

i vaguely recall a thread here about the back window on the soft tops that always comes undone at the bottom. someone mentioned something about jeep possibly having redesigned the clips that the soft top grabs on to. does anyone have any more information on this. mine come undone pretty every time i drive the jeep.

also, i get it centered but when i open the tailgate it will often snag it on the left side and undo it.

just called my local jeep dealer and spoke with parts guy who said he doesnt see anything about updated parts. anyone have any info on this?
Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I have an '18 premium soft top and haven't had any issues, but I will say this: My sister got a '19 with the regular soft top, and her clips/channels/etc. are definitely different from mine. The tabs on the windows seem longer, and the clips you slide them into on the jeep do seem more "exact," if that makes any sense.

Sorry for the vague words, it's tough to describe those things lol

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Mine do that. Same as my JK. I chalk it up to being a Jeep thing and just don't worry about it. Hell, I rarely have that rear window on there, anyway, when the soft top is on for the warm months.

VA72mlibu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR; 1972 Chevy Malibu; DHC-7 & BeechCraft King-Air (operated, not owned)
I had an 18 Sport and now a 19 Rubi, both 2 door, both premium soft top. The 18 always came undone. The 19 has different clips and hasn’t unintentionally come undone yet.

OP
OP
Pig-Pen

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

I recently picked up a premium soft top off of someone with a new wrangler. I was just going to swap just the soft tops themselves but maybe i should swap the hardware as well

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I recently picked up a premium soft top off of someone with a new wrangler. I was just going to swap just the soft tops themselves but maybe i should swap the hardware as well
Those clips shouldn't be horribly expensive.
Sponsored